An introduction to Magic The Gathering
We are super excited at how popular the product trading cards have been on our Marketplace.
To help kick things on a little further here is a quick checklist of all you need to know to Play: Magic The Gathering. Magic the Gathering is the Godfather of Trading Cards Games. It has been around over 20 years and in this age of phones, tablets and technology, the games popularity continues to grow. In our next two posts we are going to explore the game further, how it works and how you can play. This week we will introduce the essential info to help you newbies take your first tentative steps.
- You are a planeswalker, drifting from plane to plane.
- The environment you play in is called a multiverse.
- Duals, sorcery and weapons and spells are by players to defeat their opponents.
- Players start with 20 health. The aim is to get your opponent’s health down to zero.
- Each games consists of a library, a minimum of 60 cards selected before the game starts.
- Players can build their own decks. There are thousands upon thousands of cards available which means incredible customisation. The possibilities are endless.
What types of cards are there?
Mana is the games energy which is needed in order to cast spells. There are 5 different types of Mana.
Meaning of Mana.
Building a deck. The rules.
- Your deck needs a minimum of 60 cards.
- You can only have a maximum of 4 cards with the same name in each deck. The only exceptions of this rule are the Basic Lands or if a card’s text contradicts this rule (such as Relentless Rats).===
- If you play in other Formats, you might have to pay attention to the limited/forbidden cards.===
- (pre-)Portal cards are mostly NOT permitted.==
The Board Layout is clearly defined. 1. Play area 2. Graveyard for defeated Cards 3. Your Library