New Release: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was developed by Platinum Games and published by Konami. Rising is a spin off from the popular Metal Gear series and whilst not related to the Metal Gear series it does see the return of Raiden as the main character. Raiden is an elite black ops soldier who, as a child soldier in Liberia, has earned the reputation “Jack the Ripper. Rising finds Raiden working for a private military company and providing security for the Prime Minister of an unnamed African country.
A brutal attack by “Desperado” a group of terrorists leaves the Prime Minister dead and Raiden fighting for his life. Medical treatment and a new black cyborg armour allows Raiden to recover but also gives him much more power as he takes matters into his own hands and seeks revenge.
Rising is about action, fighting and killing enemies using blades, swords and other weapons in the game’s cutting system. Dismember cyborgs and steal parts stored in their bodies before slicing through almost anything from vehicles to walls as revenge draws near.
- Raiden – Is the main character of Rising and provides private security to those in need.
- Sundowner: Desperado’s defacto leader who wields machetes and has a body or armour.
- Samuel Rodrigues – a.k.a Jetstream a master swordsman, Desperado Operative and Raiden’s main rival.
- Blade Wolf – a.k.a LQ-84i a state of the art robot who serves as Raiden’s Desperado controlled enemy.
- Wilhelm ‘Doktor’ Voight- A cybernetics experts and friend of Raiden.
- Boris Popov – Raiden’s colleague and pointman.
- & many more
- Single player mode
- Released Dates: PS3 & Xbox 360 – February 2, Windows – January 9 2014.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is an offline game.