Path of Exile Currency Guide 5: The Last Few Orbs
We’ve tackled in previous guides how vital gear is for Path of Exile players. Without them, players won’t be able to survive, or they would have trouble in Wraeclast. Unfortunately, in a game where the items you’ll be getting in PvE are random, it’s difficult to get perfect gear. Thankfully, there are always Orbs and other currencies that could help players make use of items that they would otherwise find unsuitable for them. Now, let’s finish this Path of Exile Currency Guide.
Missed the previous four articles?
- Path of Exile Currency Guide 1: Vaal Orbs
- Path of Exile Currency Guide 2: Chaos and Exalted Orbs
- Path of Exile Currency Guide 3: Chromatic Orbs and Orb of Fusing
- Path of Exile Currency Guide 4: Orbs for Changing and Duplicating
Changing Modifier Values
If you’ve been visiting our blog lately, then you’ll know that we’ve been talking about Orbs and other currencies. Well, this is the last part, and we’ll discuss Orbs that we didn’t touch base before.
The Divine Orb and the Blessed Orb reroll the values of the explicit and implicit modifiers. To differentiate both, an implicit modifier is the one directly under the gear’s requirement and is more difficult to change. On the other hand, explicit modifiers are the modifiers that are below the implicit modifier and are much easier to change.
Both Orbs are perfect for gear that you think have the perfect mods but not the values you want. Be careful, however, especially with the Divine Orb because you won’t be able to add new modifiers on the item that you do a Divine Orb on. If you remove a mod, you won’t be able to replace it with a new one.
Speaking of removing mods, that is exactly what the Orb of Scouring is for: removing all explicit mods in an item. If for some reason, you want all mods removed, this one is for you. In fact, it’s good with Magic items. By removing all of its affixes, you turn it to a Normal item. Once that’s done, you use an Alchemist’s Orb on it to turn it into a rare item, which is more powerful than the Magic item it once was.
Adding Sockets and Improving Quality
In previous posts, we’ve talked about the Chromatic Orb and Orb of Fusing, which respectively changes gem socket colors and the number of socket links. Now, we’ll talk about the Jeweller’s Orb, which rerolls the number of sockets in gear. This is perfect for gear that you think is ideal, but don’t have enough amount of sockets to make it useful for you.
When it comes to quality, there are in-game currencies that can increase this particular item attribute. The currency, however, depends on the item.
- Gemcutter’s Prism (for gems)
- Glassblower’s Bauble (for flasks and Armourer’s Scrap for armor)
- Blacksmith’s Whetstone (for weapons).
- Cartographer’s Chisel (improves a map’s quality). The drops on a map that you use a Cartographer’s Chisel on improve. The higher the map’s level is, the better.
More for Utility
Finally, here are the currencies that don’t modify items, but are just as important, as most of them are used for utility:
- Portal Scroll: to create a portal back to town. It’s advisable for players to carry one at all times so that they can get to safety whenever the situation calls for it.
- Scroll of Wisdom: to identify unidentified items, allowing you to use them.
- Orb of Regret: grants players one passive skill refund point.
Hopefully, our Path of Exile Currency guides helps in your journey in Wraeclast and Oriath. After all, without them, you won’t be able to get around POE’s game world as smoothly.