Sphere of Needs: A PoE Recipe Guide
In Path of Exile, there is no such thing as an official currency. In exchange, the player base has decided to use orbs as a sort of currency. And other than their player base-accepted usage, they have their own uses, mostly to modify gear. To obtain them, you either grind, trade with other players, or the vendor PoE Recipe system. The last one is a simple and easy way to get orbs, so it’s a definite must-learn.
Through the vendor recipe system, players will be able to obtain a specific item by selling a set of items that fit a particular description. For example, if you want an Orb of Augmentation, you have to sell an item with six affixes.
If you want to obtain a particular orb, there is more than one way to do so. A good example would be the Orb of Augmentation. While there’s already that aforementioned method, you can also get an Orb of Augmentation by selling a Normal, Rare, and Magic version of the same base item. You can even get two of them if you do the previous method with unidentified items.
A different way of obtaining a similar orb can also yield a different quantity. For example, you can obtain an Orb of Chance with two identified items with the same name. At the same time, you can get five Orbs of Chance if you sell a Normal, Magic, Rare, and Unique items of the same base item type.
Because there are alternative ways to obtain the orb of your choice, it’s important to take into consideration which ones are available to you. And if you’re in a pinch, keep in mind which ones – or just one – would be the one where you can get the most value out of your items.
Having laid out those nuances, for your conveniences, here are the recipes listed according to the orbs they yield. As for Orb of Chance, the previously mentioned methods will no longer be included.
Like a Wraeclast Cookbook
Orb of Chance Recipe
- A full set (two-handed weapon/one-handed weapon and shield/two one-handed weapon/two shields, helmet, body armor, gloves, boots, belt, amulet, and ring) whose lowest level of one piece is 1 to 59 for 1
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified or have 20% quality, and whose lowest level of one piece is 1 to 59 for 2
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified and have 20% quality, and whose lowest level of one piece is 1 to 59 for 3
Orb of Alchemy Recipe
- 3 identified rare items with the same name/2 identified items of the same name and has 20% quality/Normal, Rare, and Magic items of 20% quality for 1
- Normal, Magic, and Rare items of the same type that are unidentified and has 20% quality for 2.
Regal Orb Recipe
- 3 identified items of the same name, all 20% quality for 1
- A full set whose lowest level of one piece is 75 to 100 for 1
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified or have 20% quality and the lowest level of one piece is 75 to 100 for 2.
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified and have 20% quality and the lowest level of one piece is 75 to 100 for 3.
Chaos Orb Recipe
- A full set whose lowest level of one piece is at 60 to 74 for 1.
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified or have 20% quality, and whose lowest level of one piece is at 60 to 74 for 2.
- A full set whose pieces are all unidentified or have 20% quality, and whose lowest level of one piece is at 60 to 74 for 3.
Orb of Scouring Recipe: any Rare item with 2 affixes for 1.
Chromatic Orb Recipe: an item with linked red, green, and blue sockets for 1.
Jeweller’s Orb Recipe: a six-socketed item for 7.
Divine Orb Recipe: a six-linked socketed item.
Vaal Orb Recipe: 7 Vaal skill gems or 1 Sacrifice Vaal fragment for 1.
Downgrading: A Sometimes Necessary Waste
There is another way you can obtain a Jeweller’s Orb, Exalted Orb, Regal Orb, and a Divine Orb (not to mention Scroll of Wisdom), but they are through downgrading. For this method, you’ll be trading in an orb or item that is considered as more valuable for the sake of your need, therefore it is not recommended. Nevertheless, if your situation requires you to downgrade, click this link for is the list.
It’s been said before and it’ll be said again: Orbs make Wraeclast (and Oriath) go round. Thus, this knowledge to obtain orbs is important. Hopefully, you make the best use of it. Lastly, if you need a general overview of fusing, go here.
For more, check this out: PoE Vendor Recipes 2017: NPC Bro Deals