Bow Curse Support Champion
In Path of Exile, a support build doesn’t seem too fun or even viable, given how it’s mostly a dungeon crawler where players fend for themselves even when with other exiles. Fortunately, that’s not the actual case; you can go for a support build with the Bow Curse Support Champion. Easy to start up, a big help to the team, and has lots of curses to choose from – it’s a solid full support build. However, as such, you deal almost no damage and therefore won’t be able to defend yourself. But hey, you chose the support life, so you already know that, right?
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
This build focuses on curses. However, there is no one-size-fits-all curse skill gem setup, so you’ll just have to choose which ones to use depending on the situation. You’ll have 7 gem sockets for your curses, so you’ll have enough freedom and variety when selecting.
- Support Buff: have Enduring Cry and Vaal Grace with increased duration Support and Increased Area of Effect.
- Cast When Damage Taken Setup: have Phase Run and Immortal Call with Increased Duration.
- Offensive Skill Gem: have Ice Shot, Curse on Hit, and Greater Multiple Projectiles on your bow. The rest of the sockets can be the curses you need.
- Movement: have Blink Arrow with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Blind.
- Weapon: Quill Rain (Unique) for increased physical damage, dexterity, attack speed, accuracy, 2 mana gained each hit, and projectile speed; 40% reduced weapon damage.
- Quiver: any Rare quiver with bonuses to elemental resistance, physical damage, and has physical damage leeched as life.
- Chest: Cospri’s Will (Unique) for increased movement speed, evasion, and chaos resistance; enemies can have 1 additional curse, curses can apply to hex proof enemies, and 60% chance to poison cursed enemies on hit.
- Head: Leer Cast (Unique) for increased dexterity, mana, life, and nearby allies gain 15% increased damage at the cost of 30% reduced damage; reduced Earthquake duration.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses to chance in finding rare items, elemental resistance, and movement speed.
- Gloves: Lochtonial Caress (Unique) for increased attack and cast speed, life, and mana; a chance to gain power, frenzy, or endurance charge on the kill; trigger edict of war on a kill.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life, armor, elemental resistance, and stun duration of enemies.
- Accessories: 2 Doedre’s Damning (Unique) for increased intelligence, mana, elemental resistance, 5 mana gained on a kill, and enemies can get 1 extra curse; any Rare amulet with increased mana regen and elemental resistances.
- Jewel: any Rare Jewel with bonuses to life, mana, mana regen, and elemental resistances. Omen of the Winds (Unique) for increased damage with hits against chilled enemies, and Ice Shot hot has 25% increased area of effect and pierces 5 additional targets with at 40 Dexterity in radius.
- Flasks: Writhing Jar (Unique) for life and mana recovery in exchange for Writhing Worms escaping the flask when used; Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance, cold damage bonus, and chance to avoid being chilled and frozen. Chemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed; Chemist’s Ruby Flask of Staunching for fire resistance, as well as immunity to and removal of bleeding. Also, Chemist’s Topaz Flask of Warding for lightning resistance, as well as immunity to and removal of curses.
Everyone loves and needs a support build. You’ll like the love that you’ll get as the Bow Curse Support Champion, as well as the feeling of being an effective and versatile support.