Bladefall Lightning Hierophant
If you’re not into Righteous Fire for your Hierophant, then the Bladefall Lightning Hierophant is for you. It’s got great DPS, can take considerable amounts of punishment, and has immunity to elemental and physical reflect mod maps. Unfortunately, endgame bosses can make short work of you if you’re not careful, and totem builds can be boring. Nevertheless, it’s still a reliable build that is worth trying.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill: have Bladefall with Added Lightning, Faster Casting, and Spell Totem, and Physical to Lightning support gems.
- Totem setup: have Flame Totem with Added Lightning Damage, Faster Casting, and Greater Multiple Projectiles support.
- Utility: have Herald of Thunder and Wrath to add lightning damage to spells, and Enlighten to reduce mana reserved. This build has two Cast When Damage Taken setups. For the first, have Clarity for increased mana regen rate with Immortal Call. For the second, have Tempest Shield with Bind support and Stone Golem.
- Curse setup: have Orb Storms with Curse on Hit, Power Charge on Critical, Temporal Chains, and Conductivity.
- Weapon: Rare Wand with bonuses to spell damage, critical strike chance for spells, lightning damage to spells, attributes, and increased cast speed. Shimmeron and Void Battery (both Unique) are good substitutes.
- Off-Hand: Saffel’s Flame (Unique) for increased elemental resistances, spell damage, and 70-80% chance to block spells in exchange for not being able to block physical attacks.
- Body: Rare armor with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and attributes. Impulsa’s Broken Heart (Unique) for increased life, the effect of shock, and damage upon recently shocking enemy, as well as immunity to shock and explosion of shocked enemies, which deal 5-10% of their maximum life. Carcass Jack (Unique) is also a good alternative.
- Helmet: any Rare helmet with bonuses to life, elemental resistances. Best-in-slot is a Rare helmet with the “Increased Bladefall Damage/Critical Strike Chance” mod.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, attributes, and mana.
- Boots: Stormcharger (Unique) for increased lightning resistance, movement speed, shock duration of enemies, the effect of shock, and physical damage converted to lightning.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life and elemental resistances.
- Accessories: two Rare rings with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, elemental/lightning damage, critical strike a chance for spells, and mana. For amulets, either Choir of the Storm (Unique) for increased intelligence, mana, critical strike chance according to lightning resistance, lightning damage, and a chance to trigger level 20 Lightning Bolt upon dealing a critical strike. Another alternative is Rare amulet with bonuses to life, lightning/elemental damage, global critical strike chance, elemental resistances, attributes, and mana.
- Jewel: Fluid Motion (Unique) for increased Dexterity and Strength from Passives transformed to Dexterity; Rare Jewels with bonuses to life, totem/elemental/lightning/area damage, mana, and attributes.
Lightning definitely has some advantages over fire. If that’s true for you, then you’ll love the Bladefall Lighting Hierophant.