Dual Wield Frost Blades Raider
Yes, the Dual Wield Frost Blades Raider is as effective as it is cool-sounding. It has good clear speed and single-target damage, and high defense. On the downside, it’s reliant on evasion, which is RNG – and all gamers know it isn’t reliable all the time. Nevertheless, it’s a solid raider build that is a must-try.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, check here
- Core skill gem (Frost Blades): a melee cold elemental attack that sends out ice projectiles. Link it with Elemental Damage with Attacks, Ice Bite for additional cold damage and chance to freeze, and Ancestral Call Support to be able to have multiple targets.
- Molten Strike: a melee fire elemental attack that also has projectiles, is your secondary offensive skill. Have Concentrated Effect, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Multistrike, Ice Bite, and Elemental Focus linked to it for maximum elemental damage.
- Increase your damage: have Herald of Ice, Assassin’s Mark, and Curse on Hit, respectively granting you bonus cold damage, and inflict curse with aura and attacks.
- Mobility: have Whirling Blades. Have Faster Attacks and Blood Magic linked to make it more spammable, and Fortify to increase defense while moving.
- Aura: have Hatred to increase your cold damage. Have Summon Ice Golem as well.
- Single targets: have Frost Bomb to deal huge cold damage and reduce enemy resistance. Also, have Ancestral Protector and Increased Duration.
- Cast When Damage Taken set up: have Immortal Call and Vaal Haste for temporary invulnerability, as well as increased attack, cast, and movement speed. Also, have Increased Duration.
- Weapon: Two The Wasps Nest (Unique) for increased physical, poison, and chaos damage, critical strike chance, and accuracy.
- Head: Starkonja’s Head for increased life, attack speed, critical strike chance, evasion, and further increased evasion and damage reduction when low life.
- Chest: Linked six-socket Rare armor with life, evasion, and elemental resistances potential.
- Gloves: Linked four-socket Rare gloves with life, evasion, and elemental resistances potential.
- Boots: Atziri’s Step (Unique) for increased life, evasion, movement speed, and chance to dodge spell damage.
- Belt: Any Rare belt with a bonus to strength, life, elemental resistance, armor, and energy shield.
- Accessories: Any two Rare rings with cold damage, maximum life, life regeneration, all elemental resistances, dexterity, and life leech potentials; Rare amulet with intelligence, global critical strike chance multiplier, maximum life, life leech, and elemental damage bonus potentials.
- Flasks: Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery, Experimenter’s Diamond Flask of heat for immunity and curing of freeze and chill, Atziri’s Promise for chaos resistance and bonus chaos damage, The Wise Oak for elemental resistance, and Chemist’s Quartz Flask of Warding to increase evasion of attacks and spells.
All in all, the Dual Wield Frost Blades Raider is more than cool – it’s awesome. And if you’re a ranger and about to become a ranger, this is a good recommendation.