DW Sunder Gladiator
The DW Sunder Gladiator Bleed is a balance of offense and defense, as it can quickly clear a map and take considerable damage. It’s also flexible when it comes to gear, so you don’t have to be too worried about not having best in the slot. Its downside, however, is that it underperforms when it comes to bosses. Nevertheless, it’s a solid build that players of all expertise levels can get their hands on in Path of Exile (POE).
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Sunder): is an active skill that deals damage to enemies in a single line, allowing the user to damage the enemies from far away. Support gems for this build should include Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Brutality, Chance to Bleed, and Ruthlessness, which maximizes Sunder’s damage every time it gets used.
- Movement and secondary offensive skill: use Whirling Blades. It has Fortify and Faster Attacks as support skill gems to be able to use it more often, which has upped defense while doing so.
- Other skill gem combos: Blasphemy, Vulnerability, and Haste to increase your movement speed. It makes your nearby enemies more vulnerable, along with Enduring Cry, Ancestral Warchief, and Vaal Grace.
- Weapon: Soul Taker and Prismatic Eclipse for Unique best in the slot. Jack, the Axe, Aurumvorax, and Ungil’s Gauge also make good Unique alternatives. Good Rares include Siege Axe, Vaal Hatchet, and Royal Axe.
- Body: Tabula Rasa for the six sockets. Belly of the Beast (Unique) and Rare Crusader Plate make great alternatives, especially if extra defense is needed.
- Gloves: Rare four-socket Legion Gloves or Haemophilia (Unique). Options are Rare Wyrmscale Gauntlets and Wrath Nails.
- Boots: Kaom’s Boots for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains. Rare alternatives include Goliath Greaves, Ancient Greaves, Carnal Boots, and Zealot Boots. All preferably four sockets.
- Helmet: Starkonja’s Head for best in the slot. Devoto’s Devotion also an excellent Unique alternative. Rare alternatives include Samite Helmet, Gilded Sallet, and Lacquered Helmet.
- Belt: Belt of the Deceiver so that you can deal extra damage. Immortal Flesh for better regeneration. Rare Cloth Belt, Leather Belt, and Heavy Belt with a bonus to Life and Resistances are good alternatives.
- Accessories: For rings, Two Two-Stone Rings with resistances. For Amulet, any of the following: Rare Lapis Amulet with bonus attributes and resistances, Carnage Heart (Life Leech), or Bloodgrip (extra damage and regeneration).
- Jewels: rare jewels that give bonus damage and increased damage with bleeding, life, and resistances.
- Flasks: Seething Divine Life Flask of Grounding for instant health recovery and immunity to shock, The Overflowing Chalice for increased damage, and other flasks for increased defense.
All in all, the DW Sunder Gladiator build is different compared to other Duelist builds. It hits hard, and it can take a considerable amount of punishment, and relatively simple, which makes it a must-try.