Cold Flicker Strike Champion
The Cold Flicker Strike Champion is one of the most accessible builds for Patch 3.2. It has fast clear speed, and can even work with gear that isn’t top-notch. On the other hand, the build has its downsides; it’s pricey, has low life and based on evasion, and therefore, RNG. Nevertheless, it’s still a solid build that is worth testing
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here
- Core skill (Flicker Strike): have it with Added Cold Damage, Ice Bite, Multistrike, Elemental Damage with Attacks, and Melee Splash support gems. For secondary offensive skill, have Whirling Blades.
- Cast When Damage Taken setups: for the first, have Immortal Call and Increased Duration support. For the second, have Frost Bomb.
- Buffs: have Haste with Enlightenment support gems. As for curses, have Assassin’s Mark and Herald of Ice with Curse on Hit and Onslaught support gems.
- Weapon: any Rare weapon with bonuses to cold damage, attack speed, critical strike chance, and elemental damage with attack skills.
- Helm: Lightpoacher (Unique) for increased 9% Flicker Strike damage per frenzy charge, elemental resistances, + 1 to maximum spirit charges per abyssal jewel, chance to gain spirit charge on kill, recover 5% of life when spirit charge expires.
- Shield: any Rare shield with bonuses to elemental resistances, life, elemental damage, and strength.
- Gloves: Tombfist (Unique) to curse enemies with level 11 Elemental Weakness on hit, increased attack speed, and life.
- Boots: the Red Trail (Unique) for increased armor, life, movement speed, damage reduction while stationary, gain frenzy charge and increased movement speed when bleeding, chance to be inflicted with bleeding when hit, and gore footprints.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life, increased stun and block recovery, physical damage reflection. Also, increased attack speed during flask effect, increased elemental damage with attack skills, and increased flask effect duration.
- Jewel: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, critical strike chance, melee damage, cold damage, and attack speed.
- Accessories: any Rare rings with bonuses to life, mana, elemental resistances, and cold damage;. The Pandemonius (Rare amulet) for increased cold damage, cold resistance, chilling of enemies for 1 second and slowing them down by 30%, blind child enemies on hit, and damage penetrates 20% of cold resistance against chilled enemies.
- Flasks: Experimenter’s Diamond Flask of Heat for lucky critical strike chance and immunity to/removal of chill/freeze; Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for chaos resistance. The Wise Oak (Unique) for +35% elemental resistances. The Overflowing Chalice (Unique) for increased damage; and Panicked Life Divine Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding immunity/removal.
The Cold Flicker Strike Champion is one of the best builds for a champion this season. If you have one or planning to make one, give this build a shot.