Crit One-Hand Flicker Strike Duelist
One of the capabilities that define the Duelist would be having a high DPS while dual wielding. Still, there is a defensive incentive in going for a one-handed weapon and shield setup, and the best part is that it doesn’t have to give up its edge when it comes to offense. The best build for this is the Crit One-hand Flicker Strike Duelist.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Flicker Strike): it’s an attack that teleports the user to the target. Put it on a six-socket gear linked to Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, Damage on Full Life, Increased Critical Strikes, and Melee Splash. Sacrifice Melee Splash if you only have a five-socket gear.
- Another active skill gem you should have is Blade Flurry. Link it with Ruthless, Maim, Melee Physical Damage, Damage on Full Life, and Increased Critical Strikes.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Immortal Call, Warlord’s Mask, and Increased Duration for increased defense and DPS.
- Mobility: have Whirling Blades, and have Faster Attacks and Blood Magic to make it more spammable, as it can be used more frequently because it requires less mana and can be casted more often. Have Frenzy as well to further increase attack speed.
- Auras: you can have Herald of Ash for both fire and ice damage on physical attacks respectively. You can also have Hatred, Blasphemy and either Poacher’s or Assassin’s Mask for cold physical damage and either reduced enemy accuracy or increased enemy vulnerability.
- Totem setup: have Ancestral Warchief, and have Increased Critical Strikes, Concentrated Effect, and Melee Physical Damage.
- Weapons: Bino’s Kitchen Knife (Unique) for increased critical strike chance; Rare Dagger with potential for increased cold damage, physical attack, and critical strike chance.
- Helmet: Abyssus for increased armor, physical damage, and critical strike chance.
- Maligaro’s Virtuosity for increased dexterity, evasion, critical strike chance, and attack speed.
- Shadows and Dust for increased critical strike chance and multiplier, evasion, energy shield, rampage, the creation of smoke cloud and gaining of Unholy Might.
- Atziri’s Acuity for increased intelligence, armor, life, critical strike chance, and gain life and mana from critical strikes.
- Rare gloves with potentials for life, elemental resistances, attack speed, and damage.
- Chest: Lightning Coil (Unique) for bonus lightning damage, 30% lightning elemental conversion of physical attacks, bonus life and evasion; Belly of the Beast (Unique) for increased armor, life, resistances, and recovery.
- Boots: Rare boots with potentials for life, elemental resistances, and evasion.
- Shield: Rare shield with potentials for life and elemental resistances; Lycosidae (Unique) for increased armor, life, and accuracy.
- Belt: Rustic Sash (Rare) with bonus to strength, life, and resistance; The Retch (Unique) for increased life, cold resistance, chaos damage, leech life with chaos damage, flash effect duration, and movement speed during flash effect; Doryani’s invitation for increased elemental resistances, physical damage, and stun resistance during flask effect; Headhunter for increased strength, dexterity, life, damage against rare monsters, and the ability to gain monster’s mods for 20 seconds after killing it.
- Accessories: Rare rings with critical strike chance, elemental resistances, life, and strength potentials; Rare amulet with critical strike chance and/or multiplier, physical damage, and elemental resistance potentials.
- Flasks: Taste of Hate, Atziri’s Promise and Lion’s Roar for survivability, Vessel of Vinktar, and Sin’s Rebirth.
- Jewels: Any that increase life, elemental resistances, physical damage, critical strike chance and multiplier, and physical damage when holding shield and/or melee weapon.
It’s not common for a one-hand Flicker Strike Duelist build to be recommended. So when one turns out to be good, then it’s an automatic must-try for all duelists and future slayers out there.