Hateforge Vaal Lightning Strike Pathfinder
The Hateforge has a rather unique mechanic – pun intended – that makes it a key item among various PoE builds. One of those is the Hateforge Vaal Lightning Strike Pathfinder. The build lets Rage flow through – literally – and cuts a path in a sea of monsters.
Pros and Cons for the Hateforge Build
- very high DPS
- can run ALL maps mods except elemental reflect
- good evasive abilities
- fast clear speed
- other than Hateforge, affordable
- boss killer
- requires Hateforge
- low defense if not min-maxed
Here’s the Passive Skill Tree.
Gear and Gem Links
Weapon: Rare Claw with elemental damage bonuses, attack speed, critical strike chance and multiplier versus Rare enemies, and elemental weapon damage penetration.
- Immortal Call with Cast When Damage Taken and Increased Duration support gems
Off-hand: Rare Kite Shiled with increased elemental resistances, maximum, life, mana, and mana regen, elemental resistances, strength, and level 20 Aspect of the Cat skill.
- Portal with Empower and Enhance support gems
Head: Rare Helm with cold damage, additional 3 projectiles with Lightning Strike, intelligence, evasion, energy shield, life, reduced Ignite duration, stun and block recovery, and elemental and chaos resistances.
- Wrath, Precision and Herald of Ash with Enlighten support gems
Body: Replica Farrul’s Fur (Unique) for increased life, armor, evasion, Aspect of the Cat has +2 seconds duration, no reservation, get maximum frenzy and endurance charges and Onslaught with Cat’s Agility.
- Lightning Strike with Nightblade, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Anomalous Trinity, Anomalous Fortify, and Awakened Added Lightning Damage support gems
- Dash with Lifetap support gem, Summon Stone Golem and Withering Step
Belt: Chains of Emancipation (Unique) for increased life, chaos resistance, gains Temporal Chains when hit by enemy, gain maximum rage after losing Temporal Chains, and be immune to curses when at least 25 Rage
Boots: Rare Boots with increased movement speed, Tailwind, elemental resistances, life, chance to dodge spells, and projectiles pierce additional 2 targets.
- Animate Guardian with Meat Shield, Empower, and Minion Life support gems
- Rare Amulet with increased life, mana, elemental resistances, attack speed, additional curse applied, and global critical strike multiplier.
- Rotblood Promise (Unique Ring) for 1 Socket, socketed gem has Blasphemy, if socketed gem is curse aura it also affects you, albeit reduced, and has reduced mana reservation, increased damage on cursed enemies, and increased intelligences.
- Temporal Chains
- Rare Ring with elemental resistances, energy shield, life, and trigger level 12 Assassin’s Mark for hitting Rare or Unique enemy.
- 2 Large Cluster Jewels, each with 8 Passive Skills, 2 Jewel Sockets, small passive skills grant 12% Lightning Damage and mana regeneration rate, and any of the following passive skills: Corrosive Elements, Disorienting Display, Storm Drinker, Stormrider, and Widespread Destruction
- 2 Medium Cluster Jewels, each with 5 Passive Skills, 1 Jewel Socket, 6% Increased Flask Duration and 15% Critical Strike Chance, and any of the following passive skills: cold resistance, Pressure Points, Quick Getaway, Peak Vigor, and Spiked Concoction
- Lethal Pride (Unique) for reduced Shock effect on you
- Watcher’s Eye (Unique) for increased energy shield, life, mana, attack speed while affected by Precision, and damage penetrates Lightning resistance during Wrath, and chance to avoid being Ignited
- Conqueror’s Potency (Unique) for increased effect of curses, lightning resistance penetration, increased non-curse Aura effect
- Thread of Hope (Unique) for lightning resistance penetration
- Five Rare Jewels with increased damage over time, maim immunity, critical strike multiplier with Lightning skills, global critical strike multiplier, life, projectile damage strength, intelligence, elemental resistances, attack speed, and flask duration.
- Soul Catcher (Unique) for chance to dodge attacks and spells, increased critical strike, damage with Vaal skills, and reduced Soul Gain prevention duration of Vaal skills.
- Chemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Staunching for increased movement speed and bleeding recovery/immunity.
- The Wise Oak (Unique) for increased elemental resistances, reduced damage taken from element with lowest resistance, and increased elemental damage penetration to where your elemental resistance is highest.
- Bottled Faith (Unique) for increased damage and creates Consecrated Ground on use; increased 1.98% critical strike chance and 8% damage on enemies in Consecrated Ground.
- Cinderswallow Urn (Unique) for Onslaught, life, mana, and energy slightly recharged on kill, and flask gets recharged for consuming Ignited corpse.
You’re going to love the Hateforge Vaal Lightning Strike Pathfinder. Believe us when we say it’s going to start a spark of brilliance, especially against your enemies.