Ice Crash Slayer
The Ice Crash Slayer build is one of the most satisfying builds in Path of Exile, as there’s something about seeing your character slam the ground and have icicles stick up from the ground. Aside from that, the Ice Crash Slayer is easy to play and prop with gear, deals lots of damage, and can easily do much of the game content.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree build, check here.
- Core skill gem (Ice Crash): should be linked with Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Melee Physical Damage Support, Cold Penetration Support, Elemental Focus Support, and Increased Area of Effect Support or Concentrated Effect Support for maximum damage.
- Mobility and utility: have Leap Slam, and have Blood Magic SupportFaster Attacks Support to make it more spammable, and Fortify Support to increase defense while using skill.
- Ancestral Warchief setup: have Melee Physical Damage Support, Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Concentrated Effect Support, Elemental Focus Support, and Cold Penetration Support.
- Aura: have Hatred for increased cold damage, Herald of Ash and Blood Rage respectively for increased physical damage and bonus fire damage, as well as increased attack speed and life leech at the cost of life. Also, have Summon Stone Golem.
- Weapon: Kongor’s Undying Rage (Unique) for increased physical damage, critical strike chance, a chance for all elemental hits to be unavailable, and gaining of Onslaught after critical strike.
- Helm: Starkonja’s Head for increased life, attack speed, critical strike chance, evasion, and further increased evasion and damage reduction when low life.
- Chest: Astral Plate (Rare). Must have six sockets.
- Gloves: Rare gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, attack speed, and or flat physical damage.
- Boots: Kaom’s Boots (Unique) for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
- Belt: Rare belt with increased elemental damage with weapons, life, and elemental resistances.
- Accessories: Rare rings and amulet with life, % weapon elemental damage, elemental resistances, and flat physical damage if possible.
- Flasks: Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery; Taste of Hate for cold resistance, cold damage bonus, and chance to avoid being chilled and frozen; Lion’s Roar for bonus armor, increased melee physical damage, enemy knockback, knockback effect on attacks; Atziri’s Promise for chaos damage and chaos resistance. Experimenter’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed.
- Jewels: Crimson Jewel, preferably with increased life, increased physical damage and increased area of damage.
It’s cool (pun intended) to use and it hurts a lot, so it’s no surprise why the Ice Crash Slayer is a good option if you want a reliable slayer build.