Ngamahu’s Cyclone Slayer
Ngamahu’s Cyclone Slayer build isn’t solely for Raiders; Slayers can also have its time with the Unique-tier axe. Despite using the same weapon, it’s a completely different build. Aside from the melee physical and fire damage, the Cyclone Slayer also relies on life leech and high life regen and has fast clear speed. Its problems, however, is that it’s tough to level up, doesn’t do well in maps where it’s hard to rely on life leech and gets easily hurt with elemental reflect. Its upsides, however, more than compensate for its downsides, making this a build worth trying for all Slayers out there.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill (Cyclone): there are various support gem combinations for it. However, for brevity’s sake, we’ll only go with these.
- Pure Cyclone setup: there is either the five-link or the six-link setup. For the former, there is Cyclone, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Fortify, Melee Physical Damage, and either Increased Area of Effect or Elemental Focus, depending on your preference. For the latter, have Elemental Focus, Fortify, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Increased Area of Effect, and Melee Physical Damage. You can choose to replace Elemental Focus with Faster Attacks. If you do that, you can then select to have Melee Physical Damage replaced with Elemental Focus.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Ancestral Warchief and Immortal Call. Also, have Increased Duration.
- Aura setup: have Flammability for increased fire damage, Blood Rage for increased attack speed and damage over time on enemies, Blasphemy to turn them into auras. You can also have Summon Lightning Golem. Alternatively, you can have Elemental Weakness and Enhance Support replace Summon Lightning Golem and Flammability for more all-around elemental damage.
- Mobility and utility: have Leap Slam with Herald of Ash. Also, have Enduring Cry and Vaal Lightning Trap.
- Weapon: Ngamahu’s Flame (Unique). This core gear gives increased physical damage and attack speed, 50% conversion of physical damage into fire damage, 20% fire damage penetration, and 20% chance to trigger level 16 Molten Strike upon melee hit.
- Chest: Bronn’s Lithe (Unique) for increased attack speed, damage with movement skills, +2 to level of socketed movement gems, increased evasion and movement speed, and greater attack and cast speed after casting a movement speed.
- Head: Devoto’s Devotion for reduced physical damage, bonus dexterity; increased attack and movement speed, armor, evasion, chaos resistance; grants Mercury’s Footsteps
- Gloves: rare gloves with bonus fire damage, life, elemental resistances, and attack speed.
- Boots: rare boots with bonus armor, life, elemental resistances, and movement speed.
- Belt: rare belt with bonus life, elemental resistance and life regen, and increased elemental damage attacks.
- Jewels: any rare jewels with bonus life, physical damage, elemental resistances, attack and cast speed, and projectile damage.
- Flask: Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Heat for life recovery, as well as immunity and removal of chill and freeze. The Wise Oak for elemental resistances; and Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Warding for increased movement speed. Choose between either Dying Sun (Unique) for fire resistance or The Overflowing Chalice (Unique) for increased damage and charges gained by other chalices. Also, either Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance, cold damage bonus, and chance to avoid being chilled and frozen, or Lion’s Roar (Unique) for bonus armor, increased melee physical damage, enemy knockback, knockback effect on attacks.
True to its name, the Ngamahu Cyclone Slayer build slays. So, if you have that cool and unique ax and a slayer, you should give this one a shot.