Ngamahu’s Flame Cyclone Chieftain
Yes, it’s another Ngamahu’s Flame Cyclone build. However, this time, it’s for the Chieftain in patch 3.2. Why? Well, because of the many changes that were done to the class; it has become perfect to adopt this particular build.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, check here.
- Core gem skill (Cyclone): have it with Elemental Damage with Attacks, Fortify, Elemental Focus, Increased Area of Effect, and Melee Physical Damage Support Gems.
- Utility and mobility: have Leap Slam with Culling Strike and Faster Attacks. Another utility setup is Immortal Call with Increased Duration, Enduring Cry, and Summon Lightning Golem.
- Aura setup: have Flammability with Blasphemy, which will make nearby enemies more susceptible to fire damage, while Blood Rage and Herald are buffs that will increase your fire damage.
- Slots: if you have more slots, add Ancestral Warchief for more damage or Ancestral Protector for more attack speed.
- Weapon: Ngamahu’s Flame.
- Head: Starkonja’s Hood (Unique) for increased attack speed, dexterity, critical strike chances, life, and evasion. A good alternative is Devoto’s Devotion (Unique), which gives increased attack speed, dexterity, armor, evasion, chaos resistance, and movement speed.
- Body: Loreweave (Unique) is best if you go for the Elemental Overload skill tree. Alternatives include Bronn’s Lithe (Unique) for +2 level of socketed gems, increased attack speed, damage with movement skills, evasion, movement speed, and cast and attack speed after using a movement skill. Use Shroud of the Lightless (Unique) if you want level 20 Elemental Penetration; Carcass Jack (Unique) if you want increased AoE and AoE damage; Belly of the Beast (Unique) for more life. Also, use Cospri’s Will (Unique) for poison damage and ability to curse hexproof monsters.
- Gloves: Tombfist (Unique) to curse enemies with level 11 Elemental Weakness on hit, increased attack speed, and life; has abyssal socket, and intimidates and maims enemies for 4 seconds if the gear has Murderous Eye Jewel.
- Boots: Windscream (Unique) for increased armor, elemental resistances, movement speed, elemental damage, and enemies can have 1 additional curse.
- Jewels: The Red Dream (Unique) for 5% of fire damage as chaos damage, fire resistance or all elemental resistances in radius, and equal chance to gain Endurance charge on the kill. Any Rare jewels with bonuses to attack speed, physical damage, fire damage, area damage, projectile damage, life, damage over time, chance to ignite, critical strike chance, elemental resistances, and intelligence.
- Accessories: two Rare rings with bonuses to physical damage, attributes, elemental resistances, elemental damage, and life. Impresence (Unique) for bonus fire damage, life, fire resistance, life regen, 100% reduced flammability mana reservation. Also, gain Maddening Presence for 10 seconds after killing a Rare or Unique enemy.
- Flasks: Bubbling Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and immunity to/removal of bleeding. The Wise Oak (Unique) for +35% elemental resistances; Experimenter’s Flask of Heat for increased movement speed and immunity to/removal of Freeze and Chill. Taste of Hate (Unique) for increased cold resistance and chance to avoid being frozen and chilled; Lion’s Roar (Unique) for +3000 armor.
Just because two builds wield the same weapon doesn’t mean they’re identical. So yes, the Ngamahu’s Flame Cyclone Chieftain is nothing like any other – and it’s solid.