Ngamahu’s Flame Raider
If a ranged advanced class for the Ranger isn’t your cup of tea, then you’d feel right at home with Ngamahu’s Flame Raider. It’s got decent damage, and it’s somewhat tanky, making it a good build if you’d like to face roll enemies. However, it doesn’t have the fastest clear speed, and it’s pricey, but still, it’s a solid and enjoyable build.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Skill gems: Cyclone is your core offensive skill. Have Fire Penetration, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Added Fire Damage, and Melee Physical Damage to boost damage dealt, and Fortify Support to grant you with Fortify.
- Secondary offensive skill: have Vaal Cyclone with Increased Area of Effect, Life Gain on Hit, and Fortify.
- Mobility: have Leap Slam with Faster Attacks. Add Culling Strike to ensure that you can take out enemies with low HP instantly.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Immortal Call for temporary invulnerability, Enfeeble to reduce the damage of nearby enemies against you. Also, add Increase Duration.
- Further damage boost: have these support gems: Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Concentrated Effect, Fire Penetration, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Added Fire Damage, and Elemental Damage with Attacks.
- Weapon: Ngamahu’s Flame (Unique). This core gear gives increased physical damage and attack speed, 50% conversion of physical damage into fire damage, 20% fire damage penetration, and 20% chance to trigger level 16 Molten Strike upon melee hit.
- Chest: Daresso’s Defiance (Unique) for increased armor, evasion, life, and 6% chance to dodge attacks. Also, you get to gain an endurance charge for every kill, but lose them upon getting hit. For a tradeoff, you gain Onslaught for one second after getting hit.
- Head: any Rare helm with any of the following potentials: attack and movement speed, attribute, armor, evasion, and elemental resistance.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with any of the following potentials: attack and movement speed, life, attribute, armor, evasion, and elemental resistance.
- Boots: Darkray Vectors (Unique) for increased frenzy charges, and increase in dodge per frenzy charge, and lightning resistance.
- Belt: any Rare belt with any of the following potentials: life, elemental resistances, energy shield, armor, and evasion.
- Accessories: two Rare rings with any of the following potentials: attack and movement speed, attribute, armor, evasion, and elemental resistance; Xoph’s Blood (Unique) for increased life, fire penetration and resistance, increased strength, and Avatar of Fire.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with potentials for life, fire damage, physical damage, attack speed, melee damage, and damage to two-handed weapons and/or axes.
- Flasks: Seething Divine Life Flasks of Grounding and Curing, both for life recovery, and respectively for immunity and removal of shock and poison. Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed. Perpetual Stibnite Flask of Staunching for 100% evasion for 6 seconds, as well as immunity and removal of bleeding; and Experimental Basalt Flask of Reflexes for physical damage reduction, the reflection of melee damage to the attacker, and 72%, increased evasion for 7 seconds.
Ngamahu’s Flame Raider is a hot and fiery spin-to-win build that deals lots of damage, and is enjoyable to boot. If you think building this is right up in your alley, then go for it.