Tectonic Slam Slayer
If you’re looking for a good Slayer build, the Tectonic Slam Slayer is a good fit. It deals great damage and high life leech, making it a perfect League starter for 3.2. Sure, it’s got downsides, as it struggles in maps with enemies that have elemental reflect, plus it needs a mana flask, but these cons are nothing compared to the devastating power of this build.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Tectonic Slam): have it with Melee Physical Damage, Physical to Lightning, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Chance to Bleed, and Added Fire Damage support gems.
- Ancestral Warchief setup: have Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, and Culling Strike as support gems.
- Mobility and utility: have Leap Slam with Faster Attacks and Fortify Support. For your curse/aura setup, have Warlord’s Mark for increased life and mana leech and Blasphemy to turn Warlord’s Mark into an aura. Then, have Hatred for damage bonus and Enlighten to reduce mana reserved by Hatred.
- Socket: if you still have an extra socket, have Stone Golem.
- Helmet: Abyssus (Unique) for increased physical damage, armor, critical strike multiplier, and attribute bonus. A good alternative is Devoto’s Devotion (Unique) for increased attack speed, dexterity, armor, evasion, chaos resistance, and movement speed.
- Body: Kaom’s Heart (Unique) for increased fire damage and maximum life, or Rare armor with bonuses to life and elemental resistances.
- Weapon: Atziri’s Disfavour (Unique) for +2 to level of socketed support gems, physical damage, attack speed, range, and 25% chance to cause bleeding.
- Boots: any Rare armor with bonuses to life, elemental and chaos resistances, and movement speed.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, elemental damage with attack skills, and physical damage.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and melee damage.
- Accessories: two Rare rings with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and physical and elemental damage. Carnage Heart (Unique) for an increase in attributes, elemental resistances, physical attack leeched as life, life leeched per second, damage while leeching, and extra gore. Also, Rare Amulet with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, or physical and elemental damage.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and damage (physical, melee, area, elemental).
- Flasks: Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for chaos resistance; Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance and 15-20% of physical damage as extra cold damage. Use Bubbling Life Flask of Staunching for immunity to/removal of bleeding; Experimenter’s Quicksilver Flask of Heat for increased movement speed and immunity to/removal of chill/freeze. Also, Dying Sun (Unique) for fire resistance and additional projectiles.
Wrapping It Up
Without a doubt, the Tectonic Slam Slayer is a killing machine. So, if you’re looking for a simple and effective build for your Duelist or Slayer, this build is the one.