Venom Gyre Assassin
The Venom Gyre Assassin is one of the more unique builds for its class since Patch 3.9. It’s also one of the more versatile builds there is, not to mention a powerful one as well. Aside from the chaos damage, it also deals poison DPS. We recommend you try it out for yourself to see what you’ve been missing.
Check out our Marketplace to buy POE Items and Orbs.
Passive Skill Tree
For the passive skill tree, click here!
Venom Gyre Assassin Skill Gem Setup
- Venom Gyre with Greater Multiple Projectiles, Fork, Nightblade, Hypothermia, and Elemental Damage with Attacks.
- Summon Lightning Golem with Hatred, Precision level 10, and Blood Rage support gems.
- Ancestral Protector with Ruthless and Elemental Damage with Attacks support gems.
- Cast When Damage Taken with Vaal Haste and Immortal Call with Increased Duration.
Venom Gyre Assassin Gear
- Rare claws with DPS bonuses that fit the way Venom Gyre deals damage.
- Daresso’s Defiance (Unique) for increased armor, evasion, life, physical attack damage leeched as life, lose endurance charges when hit but gain them on kills, 5 second Onslaught per Endurance charge, and increased Onslaught effect.
- Incandescent Heart (Unique) for increased armor, energy shield, life, attack leeched as life, gain 10-20% elemental damage as extra chaos damage, and increased light radius.
- Starkonja’s Head (Unique) for increased life, evasion, and global critical strike chance.
- Abyssus (Unique) for bonuses to all attributes, physical damage, melee critical damage multiplier, and increased armor.
- Hrimburn (Unique) for bonuses to strength, cold damage, evasion, cold resistance, cold damage reflection attackers, and mobs getting Ignite due to cold damage.
- Hrimsorrow (Unique) is an inferior alternative, as it provides the same bonuses minus the Ignite.
- The Nomad for more elemental resistances and flask charges, global critical strike, and even more elemental resistances with at least 200 strength.
- Belt of the Deceiver for increased global physical damage, reduced damage taken from critical strikes, life and elemental resistances, and nearby enemies are Intimidated.
- Any Rare boots with bonuses to life, resistances, and movement speed.
- 2 Rare rings with DPS bonuses that fit the way Venom Gyre deals damage.
- The Pandemonius (Unique) for bonuses to cold damage, cold resistance, chill enemy for 1 second per hit, blind chilled enemies on hit, and gain 20% cold damage penetration versus chilled enemies.
- Any Rare jewels with DPS bonuses that fit the way Venom Gyre deals damage.
- Panicked Divine Life Flask of Heat for reduced but instant life recovery and chill/freezing removal/immunity.
- Chemist’s Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding removal/immunity.
- Atziri’s Promise (unique) for chaos resistance and additional elemental damage gained as chaos damage.
- Chemist’s Silver Flask of Heat for increased movement speed and chill/freezing removal/immunity.
- Experimenter’s Jade Flask of Acceleration for increased evasion and attack speed.
With solid DPS, AOE, and even damage over time, it’s one of the better examples of assassin builds. So, what are you waiting for? Give Venom Gyre Assassin a spin–literally.