Wild Strike Raider
The Wild Strike Raider is all about dealing substantial physical melee elemental damage, thanks to its core namesake skill. Similar to other Raider builds, they have the same advantages and disadvantages. Even though it doesn’t have many defensive capabilities, it has fast clear times and huge damage. As a build-exclusive plus, it dishes out elemental damage, and it’s flashy too.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
As for skill gems, the namesake centerpiece gem is Wild Strike, which deals melee physical damage with a randomly imbued element. Also, it lets out a Fire explosion, Lightning arc, or a Cold projectile, which helps in making this build effective in clearing.
Wild Strike should get placed on the six-socket chest armor, along with Multistrike, Added Cold, Elemental Attack Damage, Elemental Focus, and Ice Bite.
For the weapon, have Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, and Ancestral Protector for mobility and utility. As for the shield, have Herald of Ice, Wrath, and Elemental Weakness, and add cold damage to your attacks. This also makes attacks converted into the cold element by Wild Strike more powerful.
For the helmet, have Cast When Taken Damage, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, and Vaal Haste for additional defenses. As for gloves, have Reckoning, Vengeance, Riposte, and Blood Rage to counter enemy damage automatically. Lastly, have Summon Flame Golem on your ring.
The recommended gear for Wild Strike Raider includes the following:
- Weapon: any of the following: The Scourge (Unique), Imperial Claw (Rare and additional elemental damage), Eagle Claw (Rare), and Touch of Anguish (Rare and more physical damage).
- Helmet: Rat’s Nest (Unique); increased critical chance, evasion, and attack and movement speed.
- Shield: Lycosidae (Unique); increased armor, life, and accuracy.
- Chest: Belly of the Beast (Unique); increased armor, life, and all resistances.
- Belt: Vanguard Belt (Rare); increased life, energy shield, and resistances.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) to prevent being knocked back, slowed, and increase life.
- Gloves: Titan Gauntlets (Rare); increased armor, life, and resistances.
- Accessories: any two Rare rings and one Rare amulet that gives life, resistances, strength, and elemental damage.
- Jewels: Crimson Jewels with increased life, resistances, and elemental damage potentials.
- Flasks: Surgeon’s Eternal Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery, The Wise Oak for elemental resistance and elemental damage penetration. Use Atziri’s Promise for chaos damage, Silver and/or Diamond Flasks for curing Curses and Paralysis.
All in all, the Wild Strike Raider is a build like no other. Although there are challenges in setting it up, the payoff is worth it.