Blade Blast Bladefall Poison Assassin
The Blade Blast Bladefall Poison Assassin is quite the tongue twister. It also twists your enemies real quick, as the build boasts of awesome clear speed and is able to go toe to toe with bosses with relative ease as well. If you’re the type of exile who just loves leaving your foes in a twisted mess, then listen up because this PoE build is perfect for you!
Blade Blast Bladefall Poison Assassin Play Style
The build works with the combo of the two namesake skills, with Bladefall being cast first to deal damage and leave blades stuck on enemies. It then uses Blade Blast to detonate these blades in order to cause damage as well as poison through support gems. The more enemies you inflict poison on, the more stacks your Plague Bearer gains, which in turn deals chaos damage over time until it’s finally depleted.
- Fast clear speed
- Can be a league starter
- Can deal with bosses
- Unique play style
- Play style not for everyone
- Survivability is based on dodging
Passive Skill Tree: Here’s the Passive Skill Tree!
- Core Skill: Blade Blast with Increased Area of Effect, Vile Toxins, Unbound Ailments, Swift Action, and Deadly Ailments support gems.
- Bladefall Setup: Bladefall with Unleash, Spell Cascade, and Concentrated Effect support gems.
- Secondary DPS: Blood Rage and Plague Bearer with Increased Area of Effect support gem.
- Totems; Wither with Spell Totem and Multiple Totems support gems.
- Auras: Summon Skitterbots, Herald of Agony, and Flesh and Stone with Enlighten support gem.
- Mobility: Flame Dash with Arcane Surge and Second Wind support; Smoke Mine.
- Weapon and Off-hand: 2 Cold Iron Point (Unique) for 30% global critical strike chance and +3 to level of physical skill gems.
- Head: Rare Helm with increased life, elemental resistances, and attributes as needed; preferably with -9% chaos resistance on nearby enemies.
- Body: Rare Armor with increased life, elemental resistances, and attributes as needed; preferably with “enemies you kill explode, dealing 3% of their life as physical damage”.
- Gloves: Rare Gloves with increased life, elemental resistances, and attributes as needed; preferably with x% to chaos damage over time modifier.
- Boots: Rare Boots with increased life, elemental resistances, at least 25% movement speed, and attributes as needed; preferably with Tailwind.
- Belt: The Torrent’s Reclamation (Unique) for increased stun and block recovery, Summon Greater Harbinger of Time skill, increased energy shield, life, and cooldown recovery rate, attack and cast speed.
- Rare Amulet with increased life, elemental resistances, and attributes as needed preferably with +1 to level of Dexterity or physical gems, or chaos damage over time
- Rare Rings with increased life, elemental resistances, and attributes as needed; one preferably should have “Curse enemies with Despair on Hit, with x% increased effect”
- Jewels: any Rare Jewels with increased life and any of the following mods:
- Global Critical Strike Chance and/or Multiplier
- Critical Strike Chance for Spells
- Damage over Time
- Spell Damage while Dual Wielding
- Global Physical Damage
- Damage with Poison
- Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and bleeding recovery/removal
- Enduring Eternal Mana Flask of Heat for mana recovery and chill/freeze recovery/removal
- Coralito’s Signature (Unique) for lucky critical strike chance, chance to poison on hit, increased poison duration, and Perfect Agony
- Alchemist’s Jade Flask of Reflexes for increased evasion
- Quicksilver Flask of Warding for increased movement speed and curse recovery/removal
Dealing both solid physical damage and damage over time, the Blade Blast Bladefall Poison Assassin is a great choice and is a very iconic build for the class. Try it out–you won’t regret it.