Tornado Shot Raider
Thanks to the 3.2 update, the Raider has become the best Ascendancy class for the current patch. Now, with the Tornado Shot Raider, you can make the most out of this particular update. The best part is this: it’s simple and easy to build, making it time and cost-efficient, and worth pursuing.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill (Tornado Shot): have it with Greater Multiple Projectiles, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Physical to Lightning, and Elemental Focus support gems.
- Secondary offensive skill and single-target offense: have Barrage with Greater Multiple Projectiles, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Physical to Lightning, and Slower Projectiles support gems.
- Aura/curse setup: have Hatred, Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit support, and Elemental Weakness.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Vaal Haste and Immortal Call with Increased Duration Support.
- Mobility and utility: have Ice Golem, Blood Rage, Blink Arrow, and Faster Attacks support gem.
- Helm: Rats Nest (Unique) for increased attack speed, global critical strike chance, evasion, rarity of items found, movement speed, and reduced character size. Alternatives include Devoto’s Devotion (Unique) for increased attack speed, dexterity, armor, evasion, chaos resistance, and movement speed. Also, Abyssus (Unique) for increased physical damage, armor, critical strike multiplier, and attribute bonus.
- Weapon: Lioneye’s Glare (Unique) for increased elemental damage with attack skills, physical damage, attack speed, mana; its hits can’t get evaded, and has Far Shot. Alternatives include Rare Bow with 320 DPS, critical strike chance multiplier, and elemental resistances.
- Off-hand: the Signal Fire (Unique) for fire damage to bow attacks and increased attack speed, evasion rating, maximum mana; gain (25-35)% of physical damage as extra fire damage, and have 50% of physical damage converted to fire damage.
- Body: Farrul’s Fur (Unique) for increased Armour and Evasion, +92 to maximum Life, no mana reservation for Aspect of the Cat. Plus, gain phasing and a maximum number of Frenzy and Power Charges upon gaining Cat’s Stealth. Zodiac Leather (Unique) and Belly of the Beast (Unique) are good alternatives.
- Gloves: Atziri’s Acuity (Unique) for increased Intelligence, life, armor, global critical strike chance. Gain Vaal Pact upon dealing the critical strike. Rare gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and attack speed is a suitable choice.
- Boots: Atziri’s Step (Unique) for increased evasion rating, life, movement speed, and chance to dodge spell damage. Rare boots with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and strength is a wise option.
- Belt: the Nomad (Unique) for increased stun duration on enemies, global physical damage, strength, dexterity, flask charges gained. It has +25% elemental resistances if you have 200 strength, and +47% increased projectile attack damage if you have 200 dexterity. Rare belt with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, elemental damage with physical skills, physical damage, and strength is also a reliable option.
- Accessories: any two Rare rings with bonuses to maximum Life, Elemental Resistances, Physical Damage to Attacks, Elemental Damage with Attack Skills, Accuracy Rating, and Strength. Rare amulet with bonuses to maximum Life, Elemental Resistances, Physical Damage to Attacks, Elemental Damage with Attack Skills, and critical strike chance and multiplier.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, generic/physical/projectile damage, attack speed, optional affixes, projectile speed, global critical strike chance, and multiplier.
- Flasks: Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for chaos resistance; Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance and 15-20% of physical damage as extra cold damage. Dying Sun (Unique) for Fire Resistance; Bubbling Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and immunity to/removal of bleeding. Also, Experimenter’s Quicksilver Flask of Heat for increased movement speed and immunity to/removal of chilled/frozen.
If you have a Tornado Shot Ranger or a Raider and want her to be the best she can be for this patch, look no further than this build, which is straightforward and powerful.