No other class that can spam like the witch. Taking up that trait up a notch is the Arc Necromancer, which is all about thunderbolts and lightning hitting multiple targets, bouncing around the map. It’s super-cheap to build, easy to use, and fun. It’s not the best damage-dealer there are thanks to lightning’s wide damage range, and it doesn’t do well with endgame bosses, but the fact that it’s enjoyable to play makes up for it.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Arc): should be supported with Spell Echo for an automatic double-cast, Life Leech, Controlled Destruction for more damage at the expense of lower critical chances. Also, Slower Projectiles for slower yet stronger damage, and Lightning Penetration to ignore a good percentage of an enemy’s lightning resistance.
- Secondary offensive skill gem: Ball Lightning; ensure the same skill gems support it as that of Arc.
- Cast When Damage Taken setups:
- Clarity for mana regen: Rallying Cry for increased damage and even further mana regen, and Immortal Call for temporary invulnerability.
- Bone Offering Bone Offering: granting all your minions the ability to spell block at the cost of consuming one corpse; Desecrate to summon corpses and deal AOE damage, and Conductivity to reduce nearby enemies’ lightning resistance.
- Flesh Offering: increase minions’ cast, attack, and movement speed by consuming a corpse.
- Weapon: Pledge of Hands (Unique) for increased chance to block, spell damage, maximum mana. Also, all socketed gems are supported by level 30 Spell Echo.
- Chest: Inpulsa’s Broken Heart (Unique) for increased life, damage upon recently shocking an enemy, shock effect, and chance to make shocked enemies explode, which deals damage.
- Head: Kitava’s Thirst (Unique) for reduced cast speed and ball lightning projectile speed; increased armor, energy shield, mana; chance to trigger socketed spells after using 100 mana.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with bonuses to life, mana, chance to block, and resistances.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses to life, mana, chance to block, and resistances.
- Belt: any Rare boots with bonuses to life, mana, chance to block, and resistances.
- Accessories: one Rare ring with bonuses to life, mana, elemental damage, and resistances. Unset Ring (Unique) for an additional socket, +2 to level of socketed gem, and have socketed gem consume no mana in exchange for an increased 40% mana reserved. Stone of Lazhwar (Unique) for chance to block, 50% block chance to spells, as well as increased cast speed and mana.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels that increase life, cast speed, spell damage, resistances, and armor. Fevered Mind (Unique) 28% increased spell damage in exchange for 100% increased mana cost. Watcher’s Eye (Unique) for increased energy shield, life, mana, lightning damage is leeched as mana, and have damage taken from mana instead of life with Clarity.
- Flasks: Life Flask, either Seething or Bubbling for instant 100% or 50% life recovery respectively, and Hybrid Flask for Life and Mana Recovery. One should be Heat, and the other should be Grounding for immunity to and recovery from Burning and Shock, respectively. Vessel of Vinktar (Unique) for lightning resistance, shocking of enemies nearby upon flask use, lightning resistance penetration, and lightning damage leeched as life, in exchange for being shocked during flask effect. Quicksilver Flask for movement speed, and Basalt Flask for reduced damage taken and have damage reflected to enemies.
It’s a shock how much the Arc Necromancer is so underrated yet fun and powerful. So, if you want a witch build that’s sure to spark your interest, this is it.