Essence Drain & Contagion Trickster
If you want a different approach to killing hordes of monsters in Wraeclast (and Oriath), then the Essence Drain & Contagion Trickster is for you. The essence combines both recovery and offense, and it’s affordable to boot. If you like the combination, then you should give this build a spin.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here
- Core skill (Essence Drain): Void Manipulation, Controlled Destruction, Swift Affliction, Efficacy, and either Pierce or level 3 Empower support gems. Poison can also substitute the last support gem.
- Core skill (Contagion): Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect, and Arcane Surge support gems.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: Immortal Call with Increased Duration and Vaal Lightning Trap.
- Utility: Spell Totem with Increased Duration, Wither, and Faster Casting. As for mobility, have Shield Charge with Faster Attacks and Fortify.
- Auras: Clarity, Blasphemy, and either Temporal Chains or Enfeeble.
- Weapons: Breath of the Council (Unique) for increased elemental, physical, and chaos damage; area of effect and chaos skill effect duration. Rare daggers with bonuses to spell damage, attack speed, cast speed, mana, damage over time, and chance to inflict decay upon hits, are also good alternatives.
- Armor: Skin of the Loyal (Unique) for +1 level of socketed gems and increased global defense. The Perfect Form (Unique) for increased evasion rating, life, cold resistance, dexterity, further evasion rating according to uncapped cold resistance, and phase acrobatics. Cherubbim’s Maleficence (Unique) for increased chaos damage, armor and evasion, life, and life leeched per second are also suitable substitutes.
- Boots: Atziri’s Step (Unique) for increased evasion rating, life, movement speed, and chance to dodge spell damage.
- Gloves: Alleropathy (Unique) for increased damage over time, energy shield, area of effect, immunity to being hindered, granting of level 22 Blight skill, and Blight has 29% increased hinder duration.
- Accessories: any Rare rings with bonuses to life, mana, elemental resistances, dexterity, and energy shield. In presence (Unique amulet) for all attributes, physical damage, armor, life. Also, stun and block recovery, 100% reduced vulnerability mana reservation and gaining of maddening presence for 10 seconds upon killing the rare or unique enemy.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to energy shield, life, and elemental resistances.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, mana, spell damage/chaos damage/damage over time, and mana regen.
- Flasks: Divine Life Flasks of Staunching for bleeding immunity/removal; Ample Basalt Flask of Grounding for physical damage reduction and shock immunity/removal. Chemist’s Quartz Flask of Heat for a chance to dodge attacks and spells and chilled/frozen immunity/removal. Experimenter’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for movement speed, and Experimenter’s Sulphur Flask of Warding for increased damage, consecrated ground creation, and curse immunity/removal.
All builds are unique, but there’s no build like the Essence Drain and Contagion Trickster; that’s what makes it a must-try.