Freezing Pulse Elementalist
Thanks to skill changes in Incursion, Freezing Pulse is now a formidable spell that’s especially effective in clearing maps. And when it comes to elemental spells, there’s no better class than the Elementalist. Thus, it’s no surprise that the build works like a charm.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core spell (Freezing Pulse): Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction, Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, and Increased Critical Strikes support gems.
- Heralds: Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder with Culling Strike support gem.
- Cast When Damage Taken setups:
- Ice, Stone, and Chaos Golems
- Frost Bomb, Increased Area of Effect, and Clarity support
- Curse setup: Orb of Storms and Assassin’s Mark with Curse on Hit and Chain support.
- Helm: any Rare helmet with 70 maximum life and 25% elemental resistance; preferably with 40% increased Freezing Pulse Damage.
- Weapon: any Rare spell damage wand with 60% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells, 45% increased Cold Spell Damage, added min. 20 Cold Damage to Spells, 10% increased Cast Speed; preferably with a bonus to critical strike multiplier.
- Tulfall (Unique) for (35-39)% increased Spell Damage, (10-15)% increased Cast Speed, 50% chance to gain a Power Charge on Killing a Frozen Enemy, 15 to 25 Cold Damage to Spells per Power Charge, frenzy charge bonus but lose all power charges on reaching maximum power charges, and (10-15)% increased Cold Damage per Frenzy Charge.
- Shield: any Rare spell damage/crit shield with 50 maximum life, 50% increased cold damage, and preferably with increased critical strike chance for spells.
- Rathpith Globe (Unique) for (40-60)% of Block Chance applied to Spells, (40-60)% increased Spell Damage, 10% increased maximum Life, (120-160)% increased Energy Shield, +25% to Lightning Resistance.
- Body: any Rare armor with 80 maximum life, elemental resistances, and 5-6 linked sockets
- Boots: any Rare boots with 60 maximum life and 20% elemental resistances; preferably with bonuses to life leech and mana leech, cold damage, and attack and cast speed.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with 60 maximum life and 15% elemental resistances
- Belt: any Rare belt with 80 maximum life and 20% elemental resistances
- Accessories: 1 Rare rings with 60 maximum life, 15% elemental resistances, 20% increased global critical strike chance; preferably with global critical strike multiplier, elemental damage and attributes; any Rare amulet with bonuses
- Tasalio’s Sign (Unique Ring) for +(20-30)% to Cold Resistance, (7-10) to (15-20) Cold Damage to Spells and Attacks, +(200-300) to Evasion Rating, 50% chance to Avoid being Chilled, 10% chance to Freeze, and 40 to 60 Cold Damage against Chilled Enemies
- 1 Rare amulet with 60 maximum life, 30% increased global critical strike multiplier and 20% increased global critical strike chance; preferably with bonuses to cold damage and attributes.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels increased maximum Life and Cold/Projectile/Spell Damage, preferably with increased Global Critical Strike chance and multiplier, cast speed.
- Flasks: Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and removal of/immunity to bleeding.
- Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Warding for life recovery and removal of/immunity to curses.
- Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for (15-20%) of elemental damage and chaos damage and life leech
- Ample Quicksilver Flask of Grounding for increased movement speed and removal of/immunity to shock.
- Experimenter’s Diamond Flask of Reflexes for lucky critical strike chance and evasion.
One of the coolest new builds for Incursion is the Freezing Pulse Elementalist, pun intended and in all seriousness. Therefore, if you’re planning to choose the class for the latest game patch, then you’re making a good decision.