Freezing Pulse Elementalist
Regardless of the fact that any class can use almost anything as long as they’re geared right, elementalists still get the most kick out of elemental spells. That’s why if you choose to be a Freezing Pulse Elementalist, you’ll definitely be dealing serious damage. So if you want to take this build seriously, here goes.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, check here.
- Core skill gem (Freezing Pulse): Added Cold Damage, Cold Penetration, Life Leech, Spell Echo to double cast spells, and Increased Critical Strikes.
- Movement: it depends on what weapon you use. If it’s a dagger, have Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks and Fortify, and Lightning Warp with Faster Casting and Less Duration for wand.
- Utility: Summon Ice Golem, Summon Lightning Golem, and Vaal Haste. Also, have Discipline with Enlighten, Clarity, and Blood Magic.
- Aura setup: Frostbite to further increase cold damage, and have it with Enlighten, Herald of Ice, and Blasphemy.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: Immortal Call, Frost Bomb, and Increased Duration.
- Weapon: two Rare Daggers with bonuses to global critical strike chance and multiplier, cold and/or spell damage, mana, and accuracy.
- Chest: Shavronne’s Wrappings (Unique) for +1 level of socketed gems, increased energy shield, faster energy shield recharge, +30% lightning damage, 1-250 lightning damage resistance, and chaos damage does not bypass energy shield.
- Gloves: any Rare Gloves with Trigger Commandment Force on hit, energy shield, life regen, elemental resistances, and stun and block recovery.
- Head: any Rare Circlet with bonuses to elemental damage and resistances, spell damage, energy shield, stun and block recovery, and increased chance to freeze, shock, and ignite.
- Belt: any Rare Belt with bonuses to energy shield, life, elemental resistances, and movement speed.
- Boots: Skyforth (Unique) for increased mana, movement speed, 6% reduced mana reserved, chance to gain power charge upon critical strike; 0.4% of damage leeched as life and mana upon recent killing – all of this in exchange for having no life regen.
- Accessories: two Snakepit (Unique Rings) for increased cold damage, cast speed, and spells have an additional projectile; The Pandemonius (Unique Amulet) for 0.2% of cold damage leeched as life, increased cold damage, cold resistance, chill enemies for 1 second on hit, blind chill enemies on hit, and penetrate 20% of cold resistance on hit.
- Jewels: two First Snow (Unique) for increased projectile damage, as well as 2 additional projectiles and increased Freezing Pulse damage upon shattering enemy recently with at least 40 Intelligence on radius.
- Flasks: Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance, chance to avoid being chilled and frozen, have 20% of physical damage taken as cold damage, and gain 20% of physical damage as cold damage; Vessel of Vinktar (Unique) for lightning resistance, shock nearby enemies upon using flask, add lightning damage to spells, and have 20% of lightning damage leeched as life during flask effect; Quicksilver Flask of Grounding for increased movement speed, as well as immunity to and removal of shock; and Basalt Flask of Staunching for physical damage reduction and reflection, as well as immunity to and removal of bleeding.
The Freezing Pulse Elementalist is one of the best builds for both Freezing Pulse users and elementalists. So if you try this particular build, you definitely won’t regret it.