Magma Orb Gloomfang Shadow (Patch 3.2)
It’s not common to see a Shadow that spams an elemental spell. However, with Path of Exile’s latest expansion, the only thing that matters for a build is if it functions, and this build works. Plus, it’s bomb to play. Yes, it’s no other than the Magma Orb Gloomfang Shadow.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here
For the core skill, Magma Orb, have it with Spell Echo for double-casting, Controlled Destruction for increased spell damage but lower critical strike chance, Elemental Focus, Chance to Ignite, and either Greater Multiple Projectiles or Slower Projectiles support gems.
For mobility and utility, have Lightning Warp with Less Duration, Faster Casting, and Swift Affliction support gems.
For a secondary offensive spell, have Orb of Storms with Power Charge on Critical, Mana Leech, and Arcane Surge support gems.
For party buffs, have Vaal Clarity for a chance to not spend any mana costs. Vaal Haste for an attack movement, and cast speed; also, anger for increased fire damage. Have them supported by Increased Duration.
For additional utility, have Decoy Totem and Summon Stone Golem, and Clarity. Finally, for your Cast When Damage Taken setup, have Immortal Call with Increased Duration support.
- Weapon: Void Battery (Unique) for increased spell damage, cast speed, global critical strike chance, mana, +25% increased spell damage per power charge, and +1 to maximum power charges.
- Helmet: any Rare helmet with bonuses to life and elemental resistances. Also, if you find a Rare helmet with the “Magma Orb chains an additional 2 times” mod, get it.
- Body: any Rare armor with bonuses to life and elemental resistances. Best in slot is Rare armor with “+1 to the level of socketed active skill gems.”
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with bonuses to Dexterity, life, and elemental resistances.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses to movement speed, life, and elemental resistances.
- Belt: Darkness Enthroned (Unique) for 50% increased effect on the socketed jewel. Stygian Vise is a wise option.
- Accessories: Gloomfang (Unique amulet) for mana regen, chaos damage, life leech, skills chain +1 time. One Rare ring with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, strength; Elder’s ring with “Curse enemies with Warlord’s Mark” mod.
- Jewel: any Rare jewels with bonuses to fire damage, life, and global critical strike chance and multiplier.
- Flasks: Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching for life recovery and removal of/immunity to bleeding; Chemist’s Silver Flask of Heat for Onslaught and removal of/immunity to being chilled or frozen. Chemist’s Diamond Flask of Warding for increased critical strike chance and removal of/immunity to curse, Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for increased chaos resistance, and Chemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed.
Great clear speed, elemental damage, and an overall cool appeal make the Magma Orb Gloomfang Shadow a build to experiment. Take this for a test today.