Ethereal Knives Raider
It’s not very often that you see a spellcaster-type raider. But when you do encounter the Ethereal Knives Raider, or rather, choose to be one, you’ll like it since it has super-fast clear speed and is affordable to start up. However, it’s not the best in taking out bosses and can get pricey once you need higher-tier gear. Nevertheless, it’s unique and fun, so it’s worth building.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill gem (Ethereal Knives): Spell Echo to cast the same spell twice, Physical to Lightning, Faster Projectiles, Pierce, and Increased Critical Strikes.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: Immortal Call and Warlord’s Mark: buffs, have Immortal Call and Arcane Surge with Vaal Haste.
- Mobility and Utility: Shield Charge or Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks and Fortify.
- Extra socket (Unset Ring): Lightning Golem.
- Weapon: rare Dagger with bonuses to global critical strike chance, spell damage, mana, and accuracy; Brightbeak (Unique) for increased critical strike chance, fire and lightning resistance, and reduced enemy stun threshold.
- Shield: rare shield with bonuses to elemental resistances, spell and physical damage, mana regen, and life.
- Chest: Wyrmscale (Unique) for increased armor, life, elemental resistances, flask recovery, and gore.
- Gloves: Sadima’s Touch (Unique) for added fire and lightning damage to attacks, increased energy shield and quantity of items found, and Trigger Word for War on the kill.
- Boots: Goldwyrm (Unique) for increased mana regen, quantity of items found, fire resistance, and movement speed.
- Belt: Perandus Blazon (Unique) for increased stun and block recovery, attributes, quantity of items found, fire resistance, flask duration, and -2 physical damage from attacks.
- Jewels: Ring of Blades (Unique) for increased physical damage and Ethereal Knives gets 5 additional projectiles and gets fired in a nova with at least 40 radius in Dexterity. Intuitive Leap (Unique) to allow passives in radius to get allocated without being connected to your tree. Inspired Learning (Unique) to gain 1 rare monster mod upon killing it if 4 notables get allocated in radius; a Rare jewel with bonuses to spell damage, attack speed, and elemental resistance.
- Flasks: Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Heat for 50% instant life recovery and immunity to and removal of chill or freeze. Vessel of Vinktar (Unique) for lightning resistance and physical damage converted to lightning, as well as lightning damage leeched as life. Ample Basalt Flask of Staunching for damage reduction and reflection as well as immunity to and removal of bleeding. Chemist’s Diamond Flask of Grounding for lucky critical strike chance. Surgeon’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed.
The Ethereal Knives Raider has tremendous clear speed. Also, it has affixes that increase loot quantity, and this build becomes one of the meanest farmers in-game. So, while it’s not the best in taking out bosses, it serves a rather solid role and is fun and easy to play.