Vaal Spark Inquisitor
You might think “ugh, not another Vaal Spark Inquisitor build.” Well, it doesn’t matter; what it does is that it’s a simple and effective build. Here’s another take on this tried-and-tested setup.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
For the core skill gem, Vaal Spark, have Spell Echo to double cast spell, Increased Critical Strikes, Pierce, and Controlled Destruction for more damage in exchange for critical strike chance.
For a secondary offensive skill, have Blade Vortex with Spell Echo, Physical to Lightning, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strikes, and Controlled Destruction.
For both damage and utility, have Herald of Ice and Arctic Armor with Onslaught.
For your Cast When Damage Taken setup, have Immortal Call, Enfeeble, and Warlord’s Mark.
For movement, have Shield Charge with Faster Attacks and Fortify, making the skill more spammable, and at the same time ensuring you get protected while using the spell.
Have Lightning Golem with Blood Rage and Arcane Surge to further increase your spell damage.
Lastly, for increased movement speed, have Vaal Haste and Decoy Totem.
- Weapon: Doryani’s Catalyst (Unique) for increased elemental damage, physical damage, attack and cast speed, and global critical strike chance, 0.2% of elemental damage leeched as life, and level 20 Elemental Proliferation support for socketed gems.
- Shield: Chernobog’s Pillar (Unique) for increased life, fire damage, armor, fire resistance, 25% of physical damage converted to fire, and chance to Enfeeble enemies on hit.
- Chest: Inpulsa’s Broken Heart (Unique) for increased life, damage upon recently shocking an enemy, shock effect, and chance to make shocked enemies explode, which deals damage.
- Helm: Starkonja’s Head for increased life, attack speed, critical strike chance, evasion, and further increased evasion and damage reduction when low life.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves that support socketed gems with chance to bleed and faster projectiles, and give bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and more damage with bleeding.
- Boots: Windscream (Unique) for increased armor, elemental damage and resistances, movement speed, and 1 additional curse on enemy, and 8% of elemental damage penetration on enemy.
- Belt: Rare Stygian Vise with bonuses to energy shield, life, and elemental resistances; Abyssal Jewel should have attribute bonuses, global critical strike chance, and bonus elemental damage when holding a shield.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with the following bonuses: life, critical strike chance/damage multiplier, lightning/elemental/spell damage, resistances, and attack/spell speed.
- Accessories: Call of the Brotherhood (Unique Ring) for increased cold and lightning resistances, intelligence, lightning damage, mana regen, 40% lightning converted to cold damage, and shock against frozen enemies. Also, any Rare ring with bonuses to life, evasion, mana, and elemental resistances. Choir of the Storm (Unique amulet) for increased intelligence and mana, reduced lightning resistance but increased critical strike chance according to lightning resistance, and ability to trigger level 20 Lightning Bolt upon critical strike.
- Flasks: Cautious Hallowed Hybrid Flask of Staunching for recovery, as well as immunity to and removal of bleeding. Experimenter’s Diamond Flask of Warding for lucky critical strike chance, as well as immunity to and removal of curses. Alchemist’s Quicksilver of Adrenaline for increased movement speed. Vessel of Vinktar (Unique) for lightning resistance and physical damage converted to lightning, as well as lightning damage leeched as life. The Overflowing Chalice (Unique) for increased damage and charges gained by other chalices.
Just because the Vaal Spark Inquisitor is a safe build doesn’t mean it’s boring. Instead, it can be reinvented. If you want to go with this build, PlayerAuctions highly recommends this setup.