Blade Vortex Inquisitor
Here’s another Inquisitor build, this time, it’s the Blade Vortex Inquisitor. It’s cost-effective and deals huge damage, making it easy to pick up and very fun to play. It doesn’t have the best recovery, but its many other pros more than make up for it.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
The core skill, Blade Vortex, is an AOE skill that damage within a certain radius from you. Have Physical to Lightning, Increased Critical Strikes, Spell Echo, Elemental Focus Support, and Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect for it.
For movement, have Shield Charge with Faster Attacks, Fortify, and Culling Strike, allowing you to take out enemies with low lives. Also, have Flame Dash to move from one place to another.
For your Cast When Damage Taken setup, have Immortal Call for temporary invulnerability and Vaal Haste for attack, cast, and movement speed with Increased Duration.
For utility, have Vaal Lightning Trap with Vaal Clarity (for mana regen) and Increased Duration. As for your aura, have Warlord’s Mask and Blasphemy for curse aura.
- Weapon: Doryani’s Catalyst (Unique) for increased attack and cast speed, physical and elemental damage, global strike chance; socketed gems get level 20 elemental proliferation; elemental damage leeched as life.
- Shield: any Rare shield with bonuses on life, spell damage, increased critical strike chance with spells, and elemental resistances.
- Chest: Carcass Jack (Unique) for increased evasion, resistances, area of effect and damage, and extra gore.
- Gloves: Hrimburn (Unique) for increased strength, evasion, and cold damage and resistance, 50% conversion of physical damage to cold damage, reflection of 10 cold damage to attackers, and the ability of cold damage to ignite.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses on life, spell damage, increased critical strike chance with spells, and elemental resistances.
- Belt: Belt of the Deceiver (Unique) for increased physical damage, resistances, and life; reduced damage received from critical strikes; nearby enemies are intimidated.
- Jewels: any Rare Jewels with bonuses on life, physical and area of effect damage, and cast speed.
- Flask: Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat for instant life recovery, as well as immunity and removal of chill and freeze. Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance, cold damage bonus, and chance to avoid being chilled and frozen. Diamond Flask for a lucky critical strike and Quicksilver Flask for increased movement speed; both should have reduced charges used (Chemist’s), and one should have immunity to and removal of bleeding (Staunching). Also, Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for chaos damage and chaos resistance.
It’s pretty cool to see a Blade Vortex Inquisitor, not only because it’s not usually the class’s first choice in a core skill, but also because Blade Vortex is just so awesome-looking and practical to boot. It’s one of the more creative builds templars should try out.