Flame Golem (Golemancer)
If you’re not into necromancy, then the Flame Golem (Golemancer) would be the perfect alternative for you. As most summoner builds, it’s affordable to start and has good damage and top-notch survivability. Unfortunately, it shares the same cons, such as being less than ideal for endgame bosses, as well as pretty passive gameplay. Nevertheless, the Golemancer is a reliable build that has a solid performance.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill (Flame Golem): have it linked with Spell Echo to have it cast twice, Greater Multiple Projectiles so that they can shoot five projectiles instead of one, Minion Damage, Controlled Destruction for stronger base damage but less critical hits, and Empower for more damage and life.
- Offensive spell: Ball Lightning supported with Spell Totem and Greater Multiple Projectiles.
- Summon: Animate Guardian; have it linked with Melee Splash, Empower, and Melee Life.
- Movement and utility: Skill Charge linked with Faster Attacks.
- Cast When Damage Taken setup: have Desecrate and Phase Run. The former lets you deal damage and gives you more summons, and Phase Run to increase your movement speed and make you less noticeable to enemies.
- Curse and/or Aura setup: Discipline for more energy shield, and Temporal Chains to slow and make effects last longer on them. Then have Enhance and Blasphemy.
- Weapon: Clayshaper (Unique) for increased attack speed and physical damage; ability to summon level 12 Summon Stone Golem; increased minion life, physical damage, and an additional one golem.
- Chest: Skin of the Loyal (Unique) for +1 to the level of socketed gems and 100% bonus on global defense.
- Shield: Victario’s Chastity (Unique) for increased elemental resistances, life, aura skill range, and chance to gain frenzy and endurance charges.
- Boots: Rainbowstride (Unique) for +1 to the level of socketed gems, increased spell block chance, energy shield, mana, elemental resistances, and movement speed.
- Gloves: any Rare gloves with bonuses to life, armor, resistances, and energy shield.
- Belt: any Rare Belt with bonuses to life, armor, resistances, and energy shield.
- Accessories: any Two Rare rings with bonuses to life, armor, resistances, attributes, evasion, movement speed, and energy shield; Presence of Dayula (Unique) for increased attributes, chance to find rare items, chaos resistance, as well as immunity to stun and maximum life conversion to energy shield.
- Jewels: any Rare Jewel with bonus damage, resistances, and chance to block for minions; The Anima Stone (Unique) for an additional golem, and another one if you have 3 primordial jewels. Primordial Might (Unique) for bonus life and regeneration for golems, as well as bonus damage and bonus damage dealt by golem within 8 seconds after summoning a golem. Primordial Harmony (Unique) for increased cooldown speed for Golem and Golem skills increased 20% damage for golems for every type of golem summoned, and bonus life regen for golems.
- Flasks: Rumi’s Concoction for +3000 Armor, and increased chance to block attacks and spells. Both Life and Mana Flask that gives immunity to and removal of either burning (Dousing) or chill and freeze (Heat), and either gives instant recovery (Seething) or 50% instant recovery (Bubbling). Silver Flask of Staunching for bleeding immunity and removal; Khara’s Determination (Unique) for immunity to freeze, chill, stun, and curses.
The Flame Golem (Golemancer) is a solid one-woman army that can take on many threats, thanks to her golems. So if you prefer elemental beings instead of zombies, this one’s for you.