Triple Flame Totem Chieftain
Totems and Marauder classes go well together, and can only get better with age. That’s why people can come up with builds like the Crit Triple Flame Totem Chieftain – an upgrade of the Double Flame Totem Blood Magic Chieftain. It’s a huge improvement and a build worth considering if you’re a Marauder.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For this particular build, you can choose between two trees:
- Core skill gem (Flame Totem): have it with Fire Penetration, Empower, Elemental Focus, Increased Critical Strikes, and Controlled Destruction for more damage in exchange for critical strike chance.
- Cast When Damage Taken setups: both have Immortal Call and Increased Duration, while one has Temporal Chains and Phase Run.
- Movement: have Whirling Blades with Faster Attacks and Fortify if you’re using a dagger, or Flame Dash with Faster Casting if you’re using a wand. If you have three free sockets, you can also use Lightning Dash with Faster Casting and Less Duration.
- Utility: have Orb of Storms with Culling Strike and Item Rarity.
- Weapon: any Rare dagger with increased spell damage, fire damage, cast speed, and spell critical strike chance.
- Shield: for a build with more DPS but less life, have Tukohama’s Fortress (Unique) for increased totem damage, life, ability to summon 1 additional totem and +300 armor for each totem. For more life but less DPS, have any Rare shield with bonuses to life, armor, and resistances.
- Chest: Internal Mantle (Unique) for +1 to the level of socketed gems and another +1 to the level of socketed fire gems, increased fire damage, global critical strike chance, energy shield, and fire damage converted to chaos damage in exchange for 100% increased spell damage taken when low on mana.
- Head: any Rare circlet with bonuses to life, energy shield, and elemental resistances.
- Gloves: Atziri’s Acuity (Unique) for increased intelligence, armor, life, critical strike chance, and gain life and mana from critical strikes.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses to life, armor, elemental resistances, and movement speed.
- Accessories: two Rare rings with a bonus to cast speed, life, energy shield, and elemental resistances. One Rare amulet with bonuses to intelligence and dexterity, cast speed, critical strike chance multiplier, energy shield, and life.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life, armor, and resistances.
- Jewels: Clear Mind (Unique) for increased mana regen and spell damage when no mana is reserved; any Rare jewels with an increase in cast speed, life, armor, resistances, spell damage, and fire damage.
- Flasks: Two Seething and one Panicked Divine Life Flasks, one of Heat for immunity to and removal of chill, and two of Staunching for immunity to and removal of curses; Adrenaline Flask for increased movement speed; and The Wise Oak (Unique) for elemental resistances.
It’s a Wrap
It’s a simple update for a straightforward and powerful build that’s been reliable for such a long time. So, if you want a Totem Chieftain, there’s no other way to build one than the Crit Triple Flame Totem Chieftain.