Flameblast Totem Inquisitor
After Totem Marauder classes get much love, it’s about time the Flameblast Totem Inquisitor. It deals tons of damage in a massive area of effect, making it a walking nuke. However, much like a nuke, it takes its time when dishing out punishment, and it’s not as exciting to play as other classes. Nevertheless, with the explosive good outweighing the bad, it’s a build that’s worth experimenting.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
For the core skill gem, Flameblast, have it with Spell Totem, Controlled Destruction for more damage in exchange for critical strike chance, Concentrated Effect, Increased Critical Strikes, and Elemental Focus.
For your aura setup, have Anger with Clarity.
For movement, have either Whirling Blades or Shield Charge. Regardless of which you choose, have Faster Attacks and Fortify. Also, have either Flame Dash or Lightning Warp with Less Duration for a secondary movement spell that can get over walls. Make sure to have it with Faster Casting.
For power charge generation, have Orb of Storms with Power Charge on Critical. For further damage boost, have Temporal Surge with Arcane Surge, Increased Duration, and Increased Area of Effect.
Lastly, if you still have some slots left, fill them with Cast When Damage Taken and Immortal Call and/or Vaal Haste, as well as Lightning Golem.
- Weapon: two Rare daggers with bonuses to critical strike chance, fire damage, spell damage, cast speed, attack speed, and socketed melee gems.
- Head: The Brine Crown (Unique) for increased armor, energy shield, life, cold resistance, +800 armor and mana regen while stationary; immunity to being frozen, and 15% chance to create Chilled Ground when hit.
- Gloves: Maligaro’s Virtuosity (Unique) for increased dexterity, attack speed, critical strike chance and multiplier, and evasion rating.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) for immunity to being knocked back, increase in maximum life, and unwavering stance.
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to energy shield, life, life regen, elemental resistances, and spell damage.
- Accessories: any two Rare rings and one Rare amulet with bonuses to cast speed, armor, life, critical strike chance multiplier and/or damage, spell and/or elemental damage, and elemental resistances.
- Jewels: Spire of Stone (Unique) for increased totem life per 10 strength allocated in radius; two Rare jewels with bonuses in spell damage, cast speed, and attack speed.
- Flasks: two Seething Divine Life Flasks, one should be of Staunching for immunity to and removal of bleeding, and the other should be of Dousing for immunity to and removal of burns. Silver Flask of Adrenaline for Onslaught and increased movement speed. Chemist’s Diamond Flask of Warding for lucky critical strike chance and immunity to and removal of curses. Also, Chemist’s Basalt Flask of Heat to have physical damage taken reduced and reflected, and for immunity to and removal of chill or frozen.
Now that you know how to make this blast of a build (pun intended), it’s time you tried it out yourself, especially if you want a spell-based inquisitor. Trust me; you’d be hard-pressed to find a build that deals as much area of effect damage.