Righteous Fire Totem Hierophant (Patch 3.2)
The Righteous Fire Totem Hierophant combines the class’s natural ability to withstand punishment, and at the same time, deal lots and lots of it, thanks to its core skill. Aside from that, it’s also one of the most suitable classes for a Totem build in Patch 3.2, thanks to the modifications done to the Heirophant’s Ascendancy changes.
Passive Skill Trees and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree build, check here.
For its core skill, Righteous Fire, have it with the following support gems: Burning Damage, Elemental Focus, Increased Area of Effect, Efficacy, Swift Affliction to increase damage over time in exchange for reduced effect duration, and Spell Totem.
For mobility and utility, have Shield Charge supported by Faster Attacks and Fortify.
For your debuff and secondary DPS spell setup, have Orb of Storms with Curse on Hit, Flammability, and Temporal Chains support.
Another useful utility spell is the Summon Golem and Decoy Totem. Add Increased Area of Effect support to increase Decoy Totem’s taunt radius. Also, have Searing Bond with Burning Damage, Elemental Focus, and Swift Affliction support gems for an additional summon that deals even more damage.
Lastly, for another debuff and secondary DPS, have Scorching Ray, which deals fire damage and reduces enemies’ fire resistance. It will replace Righteous Fire Totem as the core skill in boss fights. Have it supported by Burning Damage, Efficacy, and Elemental Focus.
- Head: Hrimnor’s Resolve (Unique) for increased fire damage, armor, life, and cold resistance; it cannot get chilled or frozen upon recently using a fire skill. Rare Helmet with bonuses to life and 25% elemental resistances including fire, preferably with Increased Righteous Fire mod.
- Weapon: Rare Scepter with bonus burning and fire damage. Elemental resistances, attributes, and attack speed, and without flat spell damage. Doryani’s Catalyst (Unique) for increased elemental damage, attack and cast speed, global critical strike chance, and elemental damage leeched as life.
- Shield: Atziri’s Reflection (Unique) for increased movement speed, intelligence, energy shield, elemental resistances, curse reflection, and immunity to curses. Lioneye’s Remorse (Unique) and Trolltimber Spire (Unique) are also suitable alternatives.
- Body: Soul Mantle (Unique) for increased evasion, energy shield, life, elemental resistances, area of effect of skills, and area damage. Good alternatives include Rare body armor with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and attributes; and Carcass Jack (Unique).
- Belt: any Rare belt with bonuses to life and elemental resistances.
- Boots: any Rare boots with bonuses to life, attributes, chaos resistance, and elemental resistances.
- Gloves: any Rare boots with bonuses to life, attack speed, mana, and elemental resistances.
- Accessories: any two Rare rings with bonuses to life, fire damage, elemental resistances, attributes, and mana. Ngamahu Tiki (Unique amulet) for increased fire damage, life, fire resistance. +100 evasion and 1% of life regenerated per second when life is low or any Rare amulet with bonuses to life, fire damage, elemental resistances, attributes, and mana.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, elemental/fire/burning damage, and mana.
- Flasks: Rumi’s Concoction (Unique) for +3000 to armor, chance to block physical attacks and spells; Witchfire Brew (Unique) to increase totem life per 10 Strength. Cautious Divine Life Flasks: Grounding for health recovery and immunity to/removal of shock, and of Staunching for immunity to/removal of bleeding. Also, Experimenter’s Quicksilver Flask of Heat for increased movement speed and immunity to/removal of chilled/frozen.
All in all, the Righteous Fire Hierophant is, without a doubt and for lack of a better word, righteous. If you want to try a hierophant build for Path of Exile’s latest update, this one will do the trick.