Wielding Ancestral Warchief
The Berserk Dual Wielding Ancestral Warchief is a different kind of totem build. While others are focused on spamming spells, this one is more about the totem and dealing melee and physical-to-lightning damage. It’s a simple and effective build that doesn’t cost much to put up, so it’s a good choice if you’re looking for a straightforward Chieftain build.
Passive Skill Tree and Skill Gems
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Primary skill gem (Ancestral Warchief): have it with Physical to Lightning, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Melee Physical Damage, Hypothermia to give supported skills a chance to freeze or chill enemies and deal more damage on them while either afflicts them. Use either Increased Area of Effect or Concentrated Effect. You can also replace Hypothermia with Chance to Bleed and one of the support gems with Bloodlust to deal bleeding damage and increased damage to bleeding enemies.
- Secondary offensive skill: have Whirling Blades with Fortify Support. For your Cast When Damage Taken, have Immortal Call and Summon Ice Golemam.
- Utility: have Immortal Call and Enduring Cry with Increased Duration and Blood Magic. As for utility skill gems that don’t need links, there’s Herald of Ash, Blood Rage, and Hatred.
- Weapon: any Rare sword with bonuses to critical strike chance, physical damage, attack speed, and elemental damage; any Rare scepter with bonuses to elemental damage and critical strike multiplier.
- Head: Abyssus (Unique) for increased physical damage, armor, critical strike multiplier, and attribute bonus. Drawback is increased damage taken.
- Chest: Lightning Coil (Unique) for bonus lightning damage, 30% lightning elemental conversion of physical attacks, bonus life, and evasion. Belly of the Beast (Unique) for increased armor, life, resistances, and recovery.
- Gloves: Tombfist (Unique) for an abyssal socket, increased attack speed and life, and ability to maim and intimidate attacks for 4 seconds if glove has a Murderous Eye in the abyssal socket.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
- Belt: Kraken Buckle for increased life as well as elemental attacks and resistances; has 1 abyssal socket.
- Accessories: 2 rare rings with bonuses to physical damage, strength, life, elemental attacks, and elemental resistances, and critical strike chance. 1 Rare amulet with spell and physical damage, intelligence, critical strike chance and multiplier, and life.
- Jewel: any Rare jewels with bonuses to physical damage, attack, and cast speed, elemental resistance, area damage. Watcher’s Eye (Unique) for increased energy shield, life, mana, physical damage converted to cold while affected by Hatred; physical damage taken as lightning damage while affected by Purity of Elements.
- Flasks: Atziri’s Promise (Unique) for increased chaos damage and resistance; Taste of Hate (Unique) for cold resistance, cold damage bonus, and chance to avoid being chilled and frozen. Lion’s Roar (Unique) for bonus armor, increased melee physical damage, enemy knockback, knockback effect on attacks. Chemist’s Basalt Flask of Grounding for physical damage resistance and reflection, as well as immunity to and removal of shock. Perpetual Diamond Flask of Staunching to make critical strike chance lucky, as well as remove and/or become immune to bleeding.
Easy to pick up, hits hard, and can’t easily be put down; the Berserk Dual Wielding Ancestral Warchief is an excellent build for any marauder out there. It’s double the good minus some of the bad.