Game of the Week: World of Warcraft
Free-to-play World of Warcraft, WoW, MMORPG created and developed by Blizzard Entertainment. The original game is set Azeroth, a world full of magic, mystery, and endless adventure! Frequent updates or patches help broaden the game’s development which now boats more than 7 million subscribers WoW wordwide; a guiness world record. Pick a character and begin a journey of adventure and daring as you complete quests and collect items in a variety of server types.
- Warrior (Tank, Melee Damage Dealer)
- Death Knight (Tank, Melee Damage Dealer) *
- Paladin (Tank, Healer, Melee Damage Dealer)
- Monk (Tank, Healer, Melee Damage Dealer) *
- Hunter (Ranged Physical Damage Dealer)
- Mage (Ranged Magic Damage Dealer)
- Warlock (Ranged Magic Damage Dealer)
- Rogue (Melee Damage Dealer)
- Priest (Healer, Ranged Magic Dealer)
- Shaman (Healer, Ranged Magic Dealer, Melee Damage Dealer)
- Druid (Tank, Healer, Ranged Magic Dealer, melee Damage Dealer)
Expansion Classes: Monk is exclusive to Mists of Pandaria & Death Knight is only available to Wrath of the lich King expansion and a level 55 character.
WoW has four server types:
- Normal -Player vs environment
- PVP – Player vs Player
- RP – Rolplay
- RP-PvP – Roleplay, player vs player
Facts about World of Warcraft:
- World of Warcraft was estimated to hold 62% of the MMORPG subscription market last April 2008.
- It took 150 developers nearly 5 years to create World of Warcraft, which includes 30,000 items, 7,600 quests, 5,300 non-player characters, and 1,400 locations.
- USD $9,900 is the highest amount noted for World of Warcraft account trade
Interesting facts for World of Warcraft secondary markets on PlayerAuctions:
- The World of Warcraft has been on PA since 2008.
- Product market share breakdown: Currency (63%) -> Accounts (34%) -> Item (3%).
- Average order price for WoW: $66.35
- Cheapest order price: Currency worth $4.44.
- The Largest order price and most expensive single item: Account worth $1,364.59.