items-d2:r

d2 items

d2r-powerleveling

Diablo 2: Resurrected Crafting Guide (Part 1)

Who is Vander
By | October 24th, 2021 | Categories: Diablo

Crafting in Diablo II Resurrected

Killing Mephisto hundreds of times or running around in a group to clear the Chaos Sanctuary all day may not yield tangible results when it comes to acquiring the right gear. The odds that you find the exact item your build needs are astronomical, especially as you require better, and more specific, pieces of gear. On top of the fact that certain builds require odd stats like Faster Cast Rate, a specific resistance, or a bit of + Strength to put that heavy gear on for a non-Strength focused build, gearing up different characters can be a long (and I mean weeks long) affair.

This is where crafting gear comes in handy for you. But just like random drops, the stats on your crafted items will also be randomly generated, so let’s start praying to RNGesus and see what we can craft!

Firstly, players have to become familiar with the basic concepts behind crafting in Diablo II Resurrected.

Rule #1: The mods attached to the item you use to craft will have no impact on the mods that are created. This means that that if you use a “CRUEL” weapon base (which gives a boost to Enhanced Damage), this doesn’t necessarily mean the resulting crafted weapon will come with a boost to damage.

Rule #2: There are specific formulas for the percentages involved when determining how many affixes can result from crafting. Also, note that there is a difference between Item Level (iLevel) and Character Level (cLevel). Different areas and difficulties drop items at different iLevels.

Percentage of affixes in crafting depending on iLevel:

  • At ilvls 1-30, there’s a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3, or 4 affixes.
  • At ilvls 31-50, there’s a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
  • At ilvls 51-70, there’s an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
  • At ilvls 71+, there’s a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

Considering these percentages, there really isn’t a point in crafting with anything below iLevel 71+.

Other general rules of crafting:

Recipes will result in pre-set mods, and with luck, you will receive additional mods that can make a crafted item very valuable (even more than high price uniques) such as + To All Resistance or + To All Skills

Crafting recipes work with NORMAL, EXCEPTIONAL, or ELITE versions of any item type. Higher tiers result in higher defense or damage stats so use EXCEPTIONAL or ELITE tiers of items to get the best results.

Now that the basic rules of thumb have been covered, let’s dive into what we can craft in Diablo II: Resurrected. There are four classes of recipes that players can work with and you’ll have to decide what your character currently so as to craft an item that covers as many essential needs as possible.

Blood Crafting Recipes

This group of recipes gives a base of Life Leech (Anywhere from 1% ~ 4%) and depending on the piece of equipment (Weapon, Helm, Armor etc) it will give different mods such as:

  • HP
  • Extra Damage (Weapons: NOTE only AXES are available for this craft no other types of weapons)
  • Chance of Deadly Strike
  • Chance of Crushing Blow
  • Chance of Open Wound
  • Life Regeneration
  • Attacker Takes Damage
  • Faster Run/Walk
  • Strength

For example, if you want to put extra points into Vitality, and would like to get bonus strength from your gear, you can craft using a MAGICAL RING + JEWEL (any) + SOL Rune + Perfect Ruby to get a Blood Ring which has the following preset mods:

  • – 1% ~ 3% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 Hit Points (HP)
  • +1 ~ 5 Strength

This crafting group would be best for melee builds that require HP and life steal to upkeep during fights.

Here are the recipes and the possible crafting results for Blood Crafting

Blood Weapon (Axe only)

Magical Axe + Jewel (any) + ORT Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Weapon with:

  • 1% ~ 4% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • +35% ~ 60% Damage

Blood Headgear

Magical Helm/Casque/Armet + Jewel + RAL Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Headgear with:

  • 1% ~ 4% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • 5% ~ 10% Chance of Deadly Strike

Blood Armor

Magical Plate Mail/Templar Plate/Hellforge Plate + Jewel + THUL Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Armor with:

  • 1% ~ 3% Life Steal
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • 1 ~ 3 HP healed for every Demon Killed

Blood Gloves

Magical Sharkskin Gloves/Vampirebone Gloves + Jewel + NEF Rune + Perfect Ruby

  • 1% ~ 3% Life Steal
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • 5% ~ 10% Chance for Crushing Blow

Blood Belt

Magical Belt/Mesh Belt/Mithril Coil + Jewel + TAL Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Belt with:

  • 1% ~ 3% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • 5% ~ 10% Chance for Open Wounds

Blood Boots

Magical Light Plated Boots/Battle Boots/Mirrored Boots + Jewel + Eth Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Boots with:

  • 1% ~ 3% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • +5 ~ 10 Life Regeneration

Blood Shield

Magical Spiked Shield/Barbed Shield/Blade Barrier + Jewel + ITH Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Shield with:

  • 1% ~ 4% Life Steal
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • Attacker Takes 4 ~ 7 Damage

Blood Jewelry

Magical Amulet + Jewel + AMN Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Amulet with:

  • 1% ~ 4% Life Steal
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • 5% ~ 10% Faster Walk/Run

Magical Rin + Jewel + SOL Rune + Perfect Ruby

Crafts into Blood Ring with:

  • 1% ~ 3% Life Leech
  • +10 ~ 20 HP
  • +1 ~ 5 Strength

Here are the recipes and the possible crafting results for Caster Crafting

This group of recipes will obviously be more useful for caster builds such as Blessed Hammer, any Sorceress, Poison Nova Necromancer, Elemental Druid, and any other magical/holy/elemental damage builds.

Caster Weapon

Magical Rod (Scepter, Staff or Wand NOT ORBS) + Jewel + TIR Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Weapon with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • 1% ~ 5% Mana Steal

Caster Headgear

Magical Mask/Death Mask/Demonhead + Jewel + NEF Rune + Perfect Amethys

Crafts in Caster Mask with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • 1% ~ 4% Mana Steal

Caster Armor

Magical Light Plate/Mage Plate/Archon Plate + Jewel + TAL Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Armor with:

  • 4% ~ 12% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • +1 ~ 3 Mana per Monster Kill

Caster Gloves

Magical Leather Gloves/Bramble Mitts + Jewel + ORT Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Gloves with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • +1 ~ 3 Mana per Monster Kill

Caster Belt

Magical Light Belt/Sharkskin Belt/Vampirefang Belt + Jewel + ITH Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Belt with:

  • 4% ~10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • 5% ~ 10% Faster Cast Rate

Caster Shield

Magical Small Shield/Round Shield/Luna + Jewel + ETH Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Shield with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • +5 ~ 10 Blocking Percentage

Caster Jewelry

Magical Amulet + Jewel + RAL Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Amulet with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • 5% ~ 10% Faster Cast Rate

Magical Ring + Jewel + AMN Rune + Perfect Amethyst

Crafts into Caster Ring with:

  • 4% ~ 10% Regenerate Mana
  • +10 ~ 20 Mana
  • +1 ~ 5 Energy

These are the first two categories of crafting that we will go over today. As you can see the Runes required are quite low and you don’t need much to craft these items. Part 2 will go over the next groups as well as how to make money (runes) from crafting.

Stay tuned!

Leave A Comment

Latest posts

Latest Wiki

Featured Posts