Game of the Week: Star Wars: The Old Republic
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…ok so some games need an introduction, some don’t! Bounty Hunter, Trooper, Empire, The Galactic Empire, Sith, Jedi, the dark side…..we could go on but the words themselves are enough to get your imagination flowing.
Set almost 3000 years before a certain Darth Vader called the shots. Star Wars: The Old Republic – SWTOR maps the origins of the Republic and the growth of the Empire.
The emergence of the Site Empire threatened the very existence of the Republic. After a long and volatile war the Republic emerged victorious. But those with darkened hearts and evil ambitions do not know when they beaten. Time passed and whilst the republic grew complacent, the empire re-grouped. Eventually, a surprise attack on the noble world of Alderaan signalled a shift in the seat of power. The Jedi Temple was destroyed, their defenses overrun and with the occupying imperial forces holding the planet hostage it was only a matter of time before the Republic ceded control.
The Treaty of Coruscant was signed, forcing the Republic to cede control of several star systems and to acknowledge new boundaries of Imperial dominion. Whilst the Treaty may have brought an end to the fighting the tensions were, at best, fragile. Many feared, some hoped, that only the slightest spark was needed to re-ignite the battle. A battle for resistance, or a battle for domination; it depends on where your allegiances lie!
The Galactic Republic: Defend the Republic, battle the darkness, and bring peace and balance to the greater galaxy. These high morals are those of the republic. A beacon of civilization and a ray of hope in a war-torn galaxy where Jedi’s protect not just the republic and it’s people but it’s own way of life against the advancing Sith empire.
The Sith Empire: Grow and dominate the galaxy. Greed, ambition, subjugation precede carnage, death and destruction. The advancing Sith Empire driven by the shadows and powered by mystery and dark rituals have advanced the empire to the outer reaches of the Galactic Republic.
- Jedi Knight
- Jedi Consular
- Bounty Hunter
- Sith Warrior
- Imperial Agent
- Sith Inquisitor
- Free to play
- Personalised story
- Cinematic dialogue and full voiceover for all in-game characters.
- Share your adventure with Companions
- Pilot your own starship
Cinematic dialogue and full voiceover for all in-game characters.
It is a stand out game from start to finish, so fasten your seatbelts -this may get bumpy oh and before you ask…yes the soundtrack is awesome!!!
- Star Wars : The Old Republic US has been on the PlayerAuctions marketplace since Oct 23, 2011.
- Product market share breakdown: Accounts 58%, Power leveling 23%, Currency 14%, Guides 5%.
- Average Order Price: $52.38
- Cheapest Order Price: 500k SWTOR Credits worth $5.00.
- Largest Order Price: 50 Male Jedi Shalow / BIS Gear (146) PvE & PvP Tank-DPS with 12 Million Credits and Rare White Crystal Worth $1,111.11.
To Trade SWTOR US – visit the PA Marektplace.
- Star Wars : The Old Republic EU has been on the PlayerAuctions marketplace since Dec 17, 2011.
- Product market share breakdown: Accounts 46%, Power Leveling 39%, Currency 11%, Guides 4%.
- Average Order Price: $40.49
- Cheapest Order Price: The Tomb of Freedon Nadd – Empire worth $5.51.
- Largest Order Price: The Red Eclipse – Empire worth $470.05.
To trade SWTOR EU – visit the PA Marketplace.
SWTOR Asia Pacific
- Star Wars : The Old Republic ASIA has been on the PlayerAuctions marketplace since March 23, 2012.
- Product market share breakdown: Accounts 42%, Power Leveling 38%, Currency 20%, Guides 0%.
- Average Order Price: $63.77
- Cheapest Order Price: 500k SWTOR Asia Pacific Credits worth $7.46.
- Largest Order Price: 36,900k SWTOR Asia Pacific Credits worth $1,142.82.
To trade SWTOR Asia Pacific – visit the PA Marketplace.