Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs New Expansion with Some Shocking Cards
Yes guys, it’s has been officially released for PC, iOS and mobile! The Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs New Expansion has arrived, much to the amusement of HS fans around the globe.
Catacombs is now live on NA and EU servers! The tweet from the official Hearthstone Twitter account go us all hyped up yesterday. Why? Because they were planning to release the expansion only for North America on the 7th of December – EU had to one an extra day in order to start playing.
However, as you can see, Blizzard decided to treat their fans with a superb pre-holiday gift by releasing the expac simultaneously for NA and EU. Hooray indeed!
As I’m sure that you’re as excited as I am, let’s jump straight into action by taking a look at the main highlights of Kobolds & Catacombs.
This expansion brings us 135 brand-new cards!
That’s in a similar fashion to the two expansions that got released earlier this year – Journey to Un’Goro and Knights of the Frozen Throne. Speaking of the new cards, why don’t we check them out?
- Kobold Illusionist (4 mana) – Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 copy of a minion from your hand.
- Marin the Fox (8 mana) – Battlecry: Summon a 0/8 Treasure Chest for your opponent (break it for awesome loot!)
- Guild Recruiter (5 mana) – Battlecry: Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less.
- Drygulch Jailor (2 mana) – Deathrattle: Add 3 Silver Hand Recruits to your hand.
- Carnivorous Cube (5 mana) – Battlecry: Destroy a friendly minion. Deathrattle: Summon 2 copies of it.
- Rin, the First Disciple (6 mana) – Taunt. Deathrattle: Add ‘The First Seal’ to your hand.
- Grizzled Guardian (8 mana) – Deathrattle: Recruit 2 minions that cost (4) or less.
- Kathrena Winterwisp (8 mana) – Battlecry and Deathrattle: Recruit a Beast.
- Seeping Oozeling (6 mana) – Battlecry: Gain the Deathrattle of a random minion in your deck.
- Leyline Manipulator (4 mana) – Battlecry: If you’re holding any cards that didn’t start in your deck, reduce their Cost by (2).
- Raven Familiar (2 mana) – Battlecry: Reveal a spell in each deck. If yours costs more, draw it.
- Arcane Artificer (1 mana) – Whenever you cast a spell, gain Armor equal to its Cost.
- Lynessa Sunsorrow (7 mana) – Battlecry: Cast each spell you cast on your minions this game on this one.
- Call to Arms (4 mana) – Recruit 3 minions that cost (2) or less.
- Benevolent Djinn (3 mana) – At the end of your turn, restore 3 Health to your hero.
- Temporus (7 mana) – Battlecry: Your opponent takes two turns. Then you take two turns.
- Duskbreaker (4 mana) – Battlecry: If you’re holding a Dragon, deal 3 damage to all other minions.
- Sonya Shadowdancer (3 mana) – After a friendly minion dies, add 1/1 copy of it to your hand. It costs (1).
- Fal’dorei Strider (4 mana) – Battlecry: Shuffle 3 Ambushes into your deck. When drawn, summon a 4/4 Spider.
- Grumble, Worldshaker (6 mana) – Battlecry: Return your other minions to your hand. They cost (1).
- Windshear Stormcaller (5 mana) – Battlecry: If you control all 4 basic Totems, summon Al’Akir the Windlord.
- Kobold Hermit (2 mana) – Battlecry: Choose a basic Totem. Summon it.
- Voidlord (9 mana) – Deathrattle: Summon three 1/3 Demons with Taunt.
- Vulgar Homunculus (2 mana) – Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to your hero.
- Kobold Librarian (1 mana) – Battlecry: Draw a card. Deal 2 damage to your hero.
- Geosculptor Yip (8 mana) – At the end of your turn, summon a random minion with Cost equal to your Armor (up to 10).
- King Togwaggle (8 mana) – Battlecry: Swap decks with your opponent. Give them a Ransom spell to swap back.
- Zola the Gorgon (3 mana) – Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Add a Golden copy of it to your hand.
- Grand Archivist (8 mana) – At the end of your turn, cast a spell from your deck (targets chosen randomly).
- Spiteful Summoner (6 mana) – Battlecry: Reveal a spell from your deck. Summon a random minion with the same Cost.
- Arcane Tyrant (5 mana) – Costs (0) if you’ve cast a spell that costs (5) or more this turn.
- Rummaging Kobold (3 mana) – Battlecry: Return one of your destroyed weapons to your hand.
- Hungry Ettin (6 mana) – Battlecry: Summon a random 2-Cost minion for your opponent.
- Furbolg Mossbinder (5 mana) – Battlecry: Transform a friendly minion into a 6/6 Elemental.
- Lone Champion (3 mana) – Battlecry: If you control no other minions, gain Taunt and Divine Shield.
- Feral Gibberer (1 mana) – After this minion attacks a hero, add a copy of it to your hand.
- Silver Vanguard (7 mana) – Deathrattle: Recruit an 8-Cost minion.
- Hoarding Dragon (4 mana) – Deathrattle: Give your opponent two Coins.
- Dragoncaller Alanna (9 mana) – Battlecry: Summon a 5/5 Dragon for each spell you cast this game that costs (5) or more.
- Dragonhatcher (9 mana) – At the end of your turn, Recruit a Dragon.
- Ironwood Golem (4 mana) – Taunt. Can only attack if you have 3 or more Armor.
- Crystal Lion (6 mana) – Divine Shield. Costs (1) less for each Silver Hand Recruit you control.
- Murmuring Elemental (2 mana) – Battlecry: Your next Battlecry this turn triggers twice.
- Greedy Sprite (3 mana) – Deathrattle: Gain an empty Mana Crystal.
- Void Ripper (3 mana) – Battlecry: Swap the Attack and Health of all other minions.
- Twilight Acolyte (3 mana) – Battlecry: If you’re holding a Dragon, swap this minion’s Attack with another minion’s.
- Kobold Barbarian (3 mana) – At the start of your turn, attack a random enemy.
- Sleepy Dragon (9 mana) –
- Cave Hydra (3 mana) – Also damages the minions next to whomever this attacks.
- Astral Tiger (4 mana) – Deathrattle: Shuffle a copy of this minion into your deck.
- Master Oakheart (9 mana) – Battlecry: Recruit a 1, 2, and 3-Attack minion.
- Cavern Shinyfinder (2 mana) – Battlecry: Draw a weapon from your deck.
- Shimmering Courser (4 mana) – Only you can target this with spells and Hero Powers.
- The Darkness (4 mana) – Starts dormant. Battlecry: Shuffle 3 Candles into the enemy deck. When drawn, this awakens.
- Cursed Disciple (4 mana) – Deathrattle: Summon a 5/1 Revenant.
- Fungalmancer (5 mana) – Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +2/+2
- Ebon Dragonsmith (4 mana) – Battlecry: Reduce the Cost of a random weapon in your hand by (2).
- Kobold Apprentice (3 mana) – Battlecry: Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies.
- Plated Beetle (2 mana) – Deathrattle: Gain 3 Armor.
- Dire Mole (1 mana)
- Crushing Hand (2 mana) – Deal 8 damage to a minion. Overload: (3).
- Boisterous Bard (3 mana) – Battlecry: Give your other minions +1 Health.
- Corridor Creeper (7 mana) – Costs (1) less whenever a minion dies while this is in your hand.
- Corrosive Sludge (5 mana) – Battlecry: Destroy your opponent’s weapon.
- Dragonslayer(3 mana) – Battlecry: Deal 6 damage to a Dragon.
- Fungal Enchanter (3 mana) – Battlecry: Restore 2 Health to all friendly characters.
- Gemstudded Golem (6 mana) – Can only attack if you have 5 or more Armor.
- Gilded Gargoyle (3 mana) – Deathrattle: Add a Coin to your hand.
- Gravelsnout Knight (1 mana) – Battlecry: Summon a random 1-Cost minion for your opponent.
- Green Jelly (5 mana) – At the end of your turn, summon a 1/2 Ooze with
- Hooked Reaver (4 mana) – Battlecry: If you have 15 or less Health, gain +3/+3 and
- Kobold Monk (4 mana) – Your hero can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.
- Scorp-o-matic (2 mana) – Battlecry: Destroy a minion with 1 or less Attack.
- Sewer Crawler (3 mana) – Battlecry: Summon a 2/3 Giant Rat.
- Shrieking Shroom (3 mana) – At the end of your turn, summon a random 1-Cost minion.
- Shroom Brewer (4 mana) –Battlecry: Restore 4 Health.
- Sneaky Devil (4 mana) – Stealth. Your other minions have +1 Attack.
- Stoneskin Basilisk (3 mana) – Divine Shield. Poisonous.
- Toothy Chest (3 mana) – At the start of your turn, set this minion’s Attack to 4.
- Trogg Gloomeater (5 mana) – Poisonous.
- Violet Wurm (8 mana) – Deathrattle: Summon seven 1/1 Grubs.
- Wax Elemental(1 mana) – Divine Shield.
Legendary weapon cards
- Dragon Soul (3 mana) – After you cast 3 spells in a turn, summon a 5/5 Dragon.
- Aluneth (6 mana) – At the end of your turn, draw 3 cards.
- Twig of the World Tree (4 mana) – Deathrattle: Gain 10 Mana Crystals.
- Unidentified Maul (3 mana) – Gains a bonus effect in your hand.
- The Runespear (8 mana) – After your hero attacks, Discover a spell and cast it with random targets.
- Kingsbane (1 mana) – Deathrattle: Shuffle this into your deck. It keeps any enchantments.
- Bladed Gauntlet (2 mana) – Has Attack equal to your Armor. Can’t attack heroes.
- Woecleaver (8 mana) – After your hero attacks, Recruit a minion.
- Rhok’delar (7 mana) – Battlecry: If your deck has no minions, fill your hand with Hunter spells.
- Candleshot (1 mana) – Immune while attacking.
Spells and Abilities
- Gather Your Party (6 mana) – Recruit a minion.
- Crushing Walls (7 mana) – Destroy your opponent’s left and right-most minions.
- Wandering Monster (2 mana) – Secret: When an enemy attacks your hero, summon a 3-Cost minion as the new target.
- Sapphire Spellstone (7 mana) – Summon 2 copies of a friendly minion. (Overload 3 Mana Crystals to upgrade).
- Greater Jesper Spellstone (1 mana) – Deal 6 damage to a minion.
- Lesser Jesper Spellstone (1 mana) – Deal 2 damage to a minion. (Gain 3 Armor to upgrade).
- Branching Paths (4 mana) – Choose Twice – Draw a card: Give your minions +1 Attack; Gain 6 Armor.
- Explosive Runes (3 mana) – Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, deal 6 damage to it and any excess to their hero.
- Lesser Ruby Spellstone (2 mana) – Add 1 random Mage spell to your hand (Play 2 Elementals to upgrade).
- Level Up (5 mana) – Give your Silver Hand Recruits +2/+2 and
- Lesser Pearl Spellstone (2 mana) – Summon a 2/2 Spirit with (Restore 3 Health to upgrade.)
- Psychic Scream (7 mana) – Shuffle all minions into your opponent’s deck.
- Evasion (2 mana) – Secret: After your hero takes damage, become Immune this turn.
- Cheat Death (2 mana) – Secret: When a friendly minion dies, return it to your hand. It costs (2) less.
- Sudden Betrayal (2 mana) – Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, instead it attacks one of its neighbors.
- Unstable Evolution (1 mana) – Transform a friendly minion into one that costs (1) more. Repeatable this turn.
- Primal Talismans (3 mana) – Give your minions”Deathrattle: Summon a random basic Totem.”
- Skull of the Man’ari (5 mana) – At the start of your turn, summon a Demon from your hand.
- Cataclysm (4 mana) – Destroy all minions. Discard your hand.
- Lesser Amethyst Spellstone (4 mana) – Deal 3 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)
- Lesser Mithril Spellstone (7 mana) – Summon one 5/5 Mithril Golem. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.)
- Twilight’s Call (3 mana) – Summon 1/1 copies of 2 friendly Deathrattle minions that died this game.
- Dragon’s Fury (5 mana) – Reveal a spell from your deck. Deal damage equal to its Cost to all minions.
- Oaken Summons (4 mana) – Gain 6 Armor. Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less.
- To My Side! (6 mana) – Summon an Animal Companion, or 2 if your deck has no minions.
- Dark Pact (1 mana) – Destroy a friendly minion. Restore 6 Health to your hero.
- Flanking Strike (4 mana) – Deal 3 damage to a minion. Summon a 3/3/ Wolf.
- Potion of Heroism (2 mana) – Give a minion Divine Shield. Draw a card.
- Psionic Probe (1 mana) – Copy a spell in your opponent’s deck and add it to your hand.
- Barkskin (1 mana) – Give a minion +3 Health. Gain 3 Armor.
- Healing Rain (3 mana) – Restore 12 Health randomly split among all friendly characters.
- Shifting Scroll – Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a random Mage spell.
What about the other new features that we’re getting with this new expansion?
Well, first we have the Dungeon Run. It’s essentially a single-player mode designed to please all of you that crave solo content. You pick one class with a pre-made, anemic card deck and after that, you’ll engage in different boss fights. The mechanics are pretty straightforward – when you defeat a boss, more cards will be added to your deck.
DRs are intended to be accessible to all kinds of players since everyone starts with a premade deck and you only add card packs to your deck when you win – you don’t get them from your collection. And although the bosses carry unique Hero Powers, you are not required to have any super-duper decks in order to brawl with them.
The end goal here is to successfully beat 8 bosses before you die. But in case you lose, you just start all over again. Oh, and Dungeon Runs are free to play, which makes them a total win-win.
Not only that, but there’s also a new mechanic plus new card types!
That’s right, we have the Recruit (a new keyword) and two new card types. Now, these Recruit cards are very specific and conditional, because you may only bring minions at a certain cost. This makes the building process of your deck essential, so be wise!
The two new card types are Spellstones and Unidentified Items. The former are spells that gain power only after certain criteria are met, directly related to your class. While the latter, Unidentified Items will randomly adopt one of four upgrades every game.
Each class gets its own legendary-quality weapon, most of which have powerful or lingering effects that make them useful for far more than whacking enemies.
And that’s in addition to other cool stuff like the fact that each class gets their own legendary weapon and also, there’s another pleasant surprise. Upon first logging into the new expansion, every player will receive a random legendary weapon and 3 Kobolds & Catacombs card packs.
Quite clearly, Kobolds & Catacombs are a superb addition to the list of Hearthstone expansions and with so much cool features; it’s easy to see why it’s destined for success.
Drop us a comment in the comment section below to express your feelings towards this new HS expansion. Or you if you simply want to say hi – that works too.
Oh, and in order to enhance your Hearthstone gameplay, make sure to check out our dedicated Hearthstone Marketplace, where you can buy, sell and trade accounts – or even make use of our power leveling offers!
Read More on Hearthstone on our blog – New Hearthstone Expansion: Kobolds and Catacombs – Shocking and Cool?