Lords of the Fallen: how to get Pieta Sword
In Souls-like games, much of your strength comes from the type of items you use in battle. Gear and accessories play a huge part in how players fare in fights. The Pieta Sword is one of the best early-game melee items that can be obtained in the Lords of the Fallen. If you are looking for a bladed weapon dealing with strong Holy Damage, this guide will help players find and collect this item.
Table of Contents
The Pieta Sword
This sword initially belonged to Pieta, one of the game’s bosses. It is considered one of the best early-game weapons, especially in the Umbral realm. It mainly deals with radiant damage and can increase to level 5. While you will eventually replace this item later on, the Pieta Sword is still worth having, especially in the game’s early stages.
As you collect more items, you will start venturing to other areas on a different level. While it is best-in-slot in the early game, it will eventually be replaced beyond the middle stages. Note that the Pieta boss fight is required, but you must go out of your way to obtain the sword. In addition, you can get another version of this melee weapon by completing certain conditions.
The Pieta Sword Attributes
If you are wondering how good this sword is, check out its stats to appreciate its strengths as an early-game weapon. Here are the attributes of the Pieta Sword:
- Radiance (25) – The Pieta Sword has a low Radiance requirement, meaning players can use them earlier than most. This makes it one of the best weapons to try collecting at a low level.
- Attack Power +0 (Holy) – 69
- Attack Power +1 (Holy) – 88
- Attack Power +2 (Holy) – 107
- Attack Power +3 (Holy) – 125
- Attack Power +4 (Holy) – 144
- Attack Power +5 (Holy) – 163
- Short Sword – The Pieta Sword is small, fast, and agile, which makes it the ideal weapon for close and personal encounters. Due to its size, it also has less weight, so players do not lose use mobility when equipping it.
Weapon Damage Type
- Holy (35%) – The Pieta Sword is most effective against the undead or those vulnerable to radiant damage.
- Physical (28%) – The sword still has a respectable amount of Physical Damage against normal enemy types. It gives the weapon enough flexibility to be used against other mob types.
- Fire (10%) – This weapon has a tiny advantage over enemies with fire vulnerability, including trolls and giants.
- Wither (10%) – Pieta Sword is decent against bosses because it also has a small percentage of Wither, which chips away the enemy’s HP over time.
- Stability (18%) – This stat indicates how likely a weapon can be knocked out from the player’s hand. With an 18% rating, Pieta Sword has little stability and can be easily blown away.
- Smite – Pieta Sword can use Smite to execute a burst of Holy Damage and add effect vulnerability to enemies.
- Lower Base Damage – Pieta Sword has lower base damage than other short swords, so it is less effective against holy-resistant mobs. This is why players are encouraged to upgrade it as soon as possible.
- Short Range – Like most short swords, the Pieta weapon is ineffective in mid to long-range fights. The need to be very close to enemies makes users vulnerable to more attacks.
How to Get Pieta Sword
To obtain the Pieta Sword, players will have to buy it from Molhu, who is at Skyrest Bridge. However, players must first satisfy three conditions before they are allowed to purchase the weapon. These requirements can be tedious, so players must be prepared to do an hour or two of grinding to complete them. Here are all the conditions needed to buy the sword:
Defeat and Obtain Pieta’s Remembrance
- Start at the Cathedral of the Wicked’s hub.
- Travel south through the Cathedral to the large room and find the Skyrest Bridge on the westernmost bridge.
- Cross into the Umbral World by using the Umbral Lamp.
- Proceed west to find a large door leading to the Remembrance of Pieta.
- Enter the domain and defeat Pieta to collect her Remembrance.
Reach Radiance 25
- Radiance increases the effectiveness of holy spells and weapons, allowing players to equip stronger Holy items.
- Players can enhance Radiance by leveling up and equipping specific items. When you level up, allocate your points to Radiance to reach the required stat check. Otherwise, you can use certain things to increase your RAD attributes. Here are the best pieces to increase this stat:
- Radiance Amulet
- Radiance Ring
- Radiance Hood
- Radiance Armor
- Radiance Gauntlets
- Radiance Leggings
- Assign level-up points to Radiance to qualify for the Pieta Sword.
Collect 40 Umbral Scourings
- In the Umbral World, defeat enemies and loot chests to gather Umbral Scourings.
After completing all these requirements, you can purchase the Pieta Sword from Molhu.
Hidden Pieta Sword and Odd Stone Special Interaction
There are rumored quests that you can do to unlock the true potential of weapons with Remembrances. The Pieta Sword is said to have a unique interaction with the Odd Stone after completing several requirements. Here is how you unlock this special effect:
- Defeat the first beacon, boss, and do not cleanse the beacon. Take note this will limit your ending options to Umbral and Inferno. However, this is inevitable if you try to unlock the particular interaction.
- Reach the part where you must fight and defeat Pieta again to get the Remembrance.
- Obtain the Pieta Sword after defeating the boss.
- Head to the Lower Calrath in the Umbreal Realm and look for the Odd Stone.
- Upgrade both the Pieta Sword and Odd Stone to +5.
- Execute the Special Interaction by performing a combo attack.
The hidden ability to combine these two allows players to add Radiance and Umbral damage to the combo attacks. This increases the weapon’s effectiveness in various situations as it becomes useful for enemies weak for RAD or UMB.
Pieta Sword and Elianne Sword Special Interaction
There is another set of interactions for the Pieta Sword. You must find Elianne’s Sword for this one to activate a unique effect. Here is how this interaction works:
- Obtain the Pieta Sword after defeating the Remembrance of Pieta
- Obtain the Elianne’s Sword after defeating the Remembrance of Elianne
- Equip the former on the right hand and the latter on the left
- Perform a standard dual sword combo attack animation.
The unique interaction will be triggered as soon as the combo is initiated. The special effect creates explosions of umbral splashes and radiant thorns from using the two swords together. Unlike the previous interaction, this set is purely cosmetic. However, it is still a unique effect to see.