Widowmaker Overwatch 2 Guide
Widowmaker is an assassin working with the terrorist organization in the Overwatch universe, Talon; with no emotion or regret, she is deadly as they come. Widowmaker was once married to Gérard Lacroix, who was once an Overwatch agent before she was taken by Talon to be brainwashed to become a double agent and kill her husband. Once fearing spiders with the idea that they are heartless and emotionless, it may be ironic, but Widowmaker’s bodily enhancements that were implanted in her body are much worse. All weaponry and equipment attached to her are deadlier than a spider. Her abilities include being spider-like with a grappling hook that mimics a spider in its web.
As a sleeper agent of Talon, she was the assassin that killed the leader of the Omnic communal monastery, Mondatta. Anything human inside her is gone. All that is left is Widowmaker and her thirst for blood. This Widowmaker Overwatch 2 Guide will teach players how to unleash her potential.
Widowmaker is an excellent marksman, and as a deadly assassin, she needs a weapon that fits her perfectly. Widow’s Kiss is a rifle with pinpoint accuracy while aiming down the scope. This weapon deals 2.5x the damage with a critical hit rather than 2x, which is more potent than her version in the first Overwatch. A player who is into snipers would be great with this weapon, as it can deal some of the most incredible single-shot damage in Overwatch 2. When at full charge, her rifle can make the deadliest one-shots on any non-tank type of hero in the game.
- Tip 1: Charge up your shots
- Regular quick shots using the Widow’s Kiss will deal minor damage. It would be best for players to take their time and charge up their shots to maximize the weapon damage.
- Tip 2: Positioning
- When charging up your shots, it will take ample time to fill up. Position yourself at a distance where your enemies are in perfect view. In other terms, Widow’s Kiss is perfect for campers.
- Tip 3: Know which targets the gun is most useful against
- You can deal damage on tanks with Widow’s Kiss, but it will take more than a few fully charged shots, but characters with low HP, like Genji, are possible to kill with a partially charged shot. Picking suitable targets can change the tide of the match.
- Tip 4: Be prepared for close-quarter combat
- There is an alternative fire mode for the rifle, you can go to a full-automatic fire mode, but you would need to remember that the DPS (damage per second) is not as effective as its charged shots. With this in mind, you can defend yourself from any range.
Widowmaker has mines that can attach themselves to any solid surface when used. The radius of the blast is up to 3 meters and deals poison damage over time while also revealing their position to Widowmaker for 5 seconds, which is how long the poison will last.
- Tip 1: Defend yourself
- If you are camping, throwing out your Venom mine will help deal with damage and provide critical information on your enemy’s position. Venom Mines can help you determine if opposing team members are attempting to flank your sides.
- Tip 2: Maximize your mines
- Since this can provide damage and information, try to use it as much as possible. There is no harm in gaining information on your enemy’s whereabouts.
- Tip 3: Do not spam
- It is suitable to maximize your Venom Mine, but spamming it will not help you. If your Venom mine is recharging and an enemy is about to flank you, the information needed to keep you on alert will not be in your best interest.
Widowmakers Grappling Hook’s ability is pretty straightforward once the grapple is fired on any mountable surface where she can pull herself and climb onto it.
- Tip 1: Zip to safety
- Use the grappling hook to get out of deadly situations, and if the odds are against you, there is no shame in making a quick escape. You are not invincible. As deadly as Widowmaker can be, she is vulnerable to any Tank Heroes who want to take her out and move up to a higher ground where they would struggle to keep up.
- Tip 2: Grapple up to the best positions
- The grapple is a great tool to get a better vantage point. Use the grappling hook to move to higher ground to get a better sniping position.
- Tip 3: Cancel your hooks
- There is no doubt that you may have some miscalculations when trying to either escape or gain the high ground. Luckily there is an option to cancel the ability to abort a dangerous hook.
Widowmaker’s Ultimate Ability, also known as Infra-Sight, in Overwatch 2 allows Widowmaker to see all enemy heroes through walls for 15 seconds. The information gathered here can provide great intel for you and your teammates.
- Tip 1: Set up team fights
- Once using Infra-Sight, only Widowmaker can see the enemy’s position, be sure to update your teams on their whereabouts to prepare for any ambush or create any team plays to counter the enemy heroes.
- Tip 2: Rack ‘Em Up
- After using your ultimate ability, take advantage of taking out targets who are leaving cover. Pick them off as much as possible or keep them at bay to prevent them from pushing to attack.
Widowmaker Overwatch 2 Playstyle
When selecting Widowmaker as your hero, you must be prepared for any situation. As mentioned earlier, knowing which heroes you are weakest against will help you out. Any hero on the enemy team that can close in on her or is fast enough to flank, possibly another Widowmaker, will gain the advantage over you. Your grappling hook must be ready for any of the following heroes:
- Wrecking Ball
For enemies that can hunt down Widowmaker, even when grappling away from heroes like Winston, Genji, and Wrecking Ball, do not be afraid to run to your teammates that can shield you from close-range enemies.
Your most significant advantages as Widowmaker would be in long corridors and open areas, maps like Junkertown can be an advantage. Do not snipe from the same position every time you are forced out or respawn, as the enemy would be able to predict where you are hiding and allow them to find a way to flank you. Stay on the move, and stay hidden to pick off each enemy until you are victorious.