Valorant Omen Guide
Valorant has a lot of agents for players to choose from. You can either go for Duelist, Initiator, Sentinel, or Controller. One of the best Controllers in the game is Omen which lets you smoke off some angles and control spaces on the map. This Valorant Omen Guide will help you figure out the best way to play the agent.
Omen’s abilities revolve around taking control of specific areas at a site, and his teleportation abilities allow him to surprise enemies. Moreover, Omen becomes a key instrument in blocking the enemy’s line of sight during defensive and offensive rounds. In the Controller class, Omen is only considered second to Astra in strength and has a high pick rate.
Is Omen Good For Beginners?
Omen may not be a great Agent if you are new to Valorant because his versatility requires precise aim and reflexes. He’s an exceptional Controller as he provides ample cover for the entry rush, regenerates smokes, and allows teammates to enter sites unseen. Additionally, his Paranoia ability is an excellent tool for blinding enemies and catching them off guard at choke points.
Omen is suited for mechanically skilled players with amazing aiming ability. His abilities revolve around quick decision-making; for that, players will need a good idea about the layout of maps and precise aim.
Omen Abilities & Skills
Here are some of Omen’s abilities and how to use them.
Omen equips a shrouded step ability and see its range indicator. Fire to begin a brief channel, then teleport to the marked location.
- Use the verticality of the map to gain an angle advantage in firefights.
- You can use this ability to get into the sight with your duelist to give more space for your teammates to take the site.
- You can use this ability to reposition yourself when caught in a chaotic battle.
- If you’re stuck behind a box or piece of cover with an enemy on the other side, try using this ability in place. The enemy will hear the sound cue and might think you’ve teleported somewhere else, giving you the element of surprise.
- You can use this as a fake teleportation tool to make your enemy think twice about what angle to check.
Omen equips a blinding orb that clears the specific area of the map. Unlike some blind abilities in the game, your paranoia can go through walls, so use them accordingly.
- This is useful to fend off enemies who are rushing into the site through a choke point.
- You can do a shrouded step after you blinded the enemy for free kills, which I usually do whenever I’m confident with my aim.
- Use your tactical ping to accurately place your blind on some maps.
Omen equips a shadow orb, entering a phased world to place and target the orbs. Press again to throw the shadow orb to the marked location, creating a long-lasting shadow sphere that blocks vision.
- Always position yourself where you can smoke both sites if the enemy is playing default.
- Aim to give one-way smoke for your teammates to take advantage of.
- You can always throw random smoke that you can use for your shrouded step plays. But remember, this is always 50-50.
- Provide cover for your teammate who is defusing the spike.
From The Shadows (Ultimate Ability)
Omen can teleport anywhere on the map and will appear as a shade that can be destroyed by an enemy to cancel his teleportation.
- This can be used as an information-gathering tool if you and your teammate don’t know where the enemy will push.
- You can use this skill to cut off rotations and surprise the enemy to get a kill.
- You can cancel your ult anytime to catch your enemy off guard and get a kill.
- This is an effective pressure ability when it comes to chaotic gunfights.
There are several weaknesses for a controller agent like Omen, especially with a set of abilities that do not inflict any damage, such as:
- One of the significant weaknesses of Omen is his shrouded step and ultimate ability that makes a noise that alarms opponents. Skilled players can predict an Omen’s position based on his teleport sound cue. Moreover, the omen cannot shoot while using the shrouded step makes him vulnerable to opponents.
- Some opponents like to rush entry points from off angles and can easily an Omen while using his abilities. So Omen players must take caution with this, especially when placing smokes between gunfights.
- If you’re facing an Omen, make a mental note of all the spots he smokes and all the angles he shoots from. Knowing everything about the opponent Omen’s abilities, location, and smoke spots will help players predict his move and secure a win.
Overall, Omen is pretty fun to play Agent, and you can use his weaknesses to his advantage too. What I mean is your predictability makes you unpredictable. You can mix your skill combos and teleport location to make your enemy predict you right and prove that they’re wrong with your play, especially by following this Valorant Omen guide.