Best Starfield Traits for Starters
Anything can impact your gameplay in Starfield, including the type of gear ship you use. Traits in Starfield are optional character backgrounds that provide various effects to your character, and you can choose the ones that suit your playstyle. If you are still deciding which ones to go with, this list will provide you with the best Starfield Traits.
Table of Contents
All Starfield Traits
Starfield Traits are customizable options can alter your gameplay. Each characteristic offers various buffs and drawbacks, so you must check if the tradeoffs are worth it. What’s great is that Traits are not required; you can opt to start with a blank slate. Here are all the Starfield Traits in the game:
- Alien DNA
- Dream Home
- Freestar Collective Settler
- Hero Worshipped
- Kid Stuff
- Neon Street Rat
- Raised Enlightened
- Raised Universal
- Serpent’s Embrace
- Terra Firma
- United Colonies Native
All the Best Starfield Traits for Starters
Traits can significantly alter your gameplay, be careful with your choices. While these characteristics are temporary, removing them can be a hassle. To avoid this, choose the Traits you’re less likely to replace. Here are the best ones for beginners:
- Alien DNA – You volunteered for an experiment that combines your DNA with an alien. This controversial experiment resulted in you gaining more HP points and oxygen. The drawback is that consuming healing items and food is less efficient, butyou can fix this later on by getting upgrades. In the meantime, starting with extra oxygen means you can extend your exposure to many environments, which is crucial for exploration.
- Dream Home – You own a large, luxurious house on a peaceful planet, but you must pay a weekly fee 500 for a 125,000 mortgage. If you’re someone who enjoys customizing your House, this trait removes the time needed to grind to own a new property. Dream House gives you a large enough home you can decorate freely.
- Hero Worshipped: The “Adoring Fan” will constantly visit talk to you incessantly, butin exchange, he’ll give you gifts. The tradeoff here is that you’ll constantly be bombarded with his dialogue, but the presents do come in handy. Just don’t expect him to hand out powerful weapons.
- Kid Stuff – Your parents are alive and well, and you can visit them anytime in New Atlantis. The drawback is that you have to send 2% to them every week. This trait’s benefits are not evident immediately, so many players might think it’s a waste to choose this. However, Kid Stuff’s worth shinesafter completing certain conditions. Your parents send you high-quality gifts, and you won’t regret picking this trait in the first place.
- Raised Enlightened – As a member of the Enlightened, you gain access to a chest filled with unique items in the House of the Enlightened in New Atlantis. By having this trait, you can no longer access the Sanctum Universum chest. In addition, you can no longer choose other religious traits.
- Raised Universal – As a member of the Universal, you gain access to a chest filled with unique items in the Sanctum Universum in New Atlantis. Choosing this means you can no longer access the House of the Enlightened chest choose other religious traits.
Note: Choosing Enlightened or Universal does not inflict any significance other than being unable to pick another religious trait.
- Introvert – You prefer being alone and spend less oxygen when exploring alone. However, you will begin to exert more oxygen when questing with companions.
- Extrovert – You prefer exploring with companions and will spend less oxygen when you have someone by your side. However, you will get oxygen faster when you are alone.
Note: You can only choose between Introvert and Extrovert, as choosing one will remove the other as an option.
- Wanted –While you deal more damage when you’re low on health, you’ll constantly be hounded by mercenaries trying to get your bounty. The tradeoff between these two is insignificant though, because the benefit of dealing extra damage when having low HP is worth the risk of being hunted. If you don’t want anyidle moments while playing Starfield, then killing the invading mercs can be a good practice.
- Freestar Collective Settler – As one of the three allegiance traits, you can select to be a member of the Free Star Collective to get better missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will be significantly increased.
- Neon Street Rat – As one of the three allegiance traits, you can select to be a member of the Neon Street Rats to get better missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will be significantly increased. Neon is a place in Volii Alpha, home of the Ryujin Industries. Getting acquainted with the group will make you rosy with the tech giant.
- United Colonies Native – As one of the three allegiance traits, you can select to be a member of the United Colonies to get better missions and rewards. However, your bounty from other factions will be significantly increased. The UNC has one of the most significant military forces in the galaxy, so you will probably feel safer with them.
Note: You can only choose one Allegiance Trait at a time.
How to Remove Traits
Each trait can be removed albeit using different processes. Some require you to go to the medical bay and pay hefty prices, whileothers will need you to visit certain NPCs to removea specific characteristic.