Fortnite Season X: Week 4 Challenges
Oh boy, these challenges are surely getting interesting with each week this season. When I first saw the new format of the Season X challenge list, I was pretty skeptical if I was going to enjoy doing them. They looked cluttered and, for a while, it seemed as though it would be impossible to reach Tier 100 without buying Tiers. Needless to say, I was wrong. In fact, this is the fastest Epic Games has allowed players to progress through the Battle Pass.
This week’s challenges will allow players to get the green style for the X Lord outfit, along with the Yond3r outfit if you’ve only been doing the challenges. Here are the Season X, Week 4 Challenges!
Smash & Grab Challenges (Regular)
- Search a chest within 60 seconds after landing from the battle bus (3)
- This one should be pretty easy. Most buildings have chests in their attics, so make sure you land on top and make your way down through the buildings.
- Land at a hot spot in different matches (3)
- This is pretty straightforward too. Hot Spots are marked by yellow fonts on the map. Land on them in different matches and you’ll be good.
- Deal damage within 30 seconds after using a launch pad (100)
- Team Rumble to the rescue! It’s pretty easy to get hold of a Launch Pad in this one with Supply Drops raining down. Since the circle is also pretty small, it’ll be even easier to land and deal damage, and 30 seconds is a lot of time for this!
- Search 2 chests within 30 seconds of each Other (3)
- Some great spots to finish this challenge would be the rock head near Greasy Grove (the one that spawns rifts and multiple chests), the unnamed location south-west of Paradise Palms, the house with the Christmas Tree near Frosty Flights.
- Pick up a legendary item in different matches (3)
- It’s pretty easy to obtain Legendary Items right now with Rift Zones, that unnamed location near Paradise Palms (again, yes, it’s seriously underrated), and Hot Spots.
- Search a supply drop within 10 seconds of it landing (3)
- To be fair, I’ve opened most Supply Drops within 10 seconds of it landing. As Team Rumble is the obvious way to do this optimally, gang up with a squad under a Drop, shoot it down, and throw a Boogie Bomb at any other teammate who tries to open it.
- Deal damage to opponents at hot spots (200)
- Unless you want to try your luck and hope Team Rumble gets it as a circle, just go for Squads. Dealing 200 damage is no big deal and you’ll have this done within a few minutes. Pick up a gun and go Rambo!
Smash & Grab Challenges (Prestige)
Once you complete all Regular Challenges, the Prestige Challenges will unlock for you, a couple at a time. Here’s where it finally gets challenging!
- Search a chest and an ammo box within 30 seconds after landing from the battle bus (3)
- The spot south-west of Paradise Palms definitely is the best for this challenge. It’s full of chests and ammo boxes, and the spawn rate is 100% in Team Rumble, so it shouldn’t be too hard.
- Destroy loot carriers within 60 seconds after landing from the battle bus (3)
- The key is to land on one. Pick the one that’s closest to the ground, land on it, pickaxe it, pick up that weapon, and shot down other two. A mere sixty seconds should be enough to complete this one.
- Eliminate an opponent within 30 seconds after using a launch pad (1)
- Team Rumble should make this easy. Go for it with a teammate, using Party Assist, and pick someone from the other team.
- Search 3 chests within 30 seconds of each other (1)
- Three chests + thirty seconds = unnamed location south-west of Paradise Palms again. That, or go for the rock head or the Christmas house near Frosty Flights.
- Pick up 3 legendary items in a single match (3)
- It’s going to be extremely hard to do this in regular matches. Doing this in Team Rumble would make it quite easier, especially with friends. Found a legendary? Take turns picking it up. Tip: Land at the BLOCK; the chest guarantees two legendary drops.
- Collect 100 of each material within 60 seconds after landing from the battle bus
- One word: Brutes. Grab a Brute and go to town on the nearest location. Party Assist it and have the other teammates try and pickaxe the same place.
- Eliminate an opponent at a hot spot (3)
- There’s no easy way to do this, other than visiting Hot Spots repeatedly and getting those kills before players get the material and start cranking 90s on you. Party Assist will be pretty helpful in this case, considering players will be swarming to Hot Spots while the challenges are fresh.
This week has been pretty strange so far. The new Junk Rift might just be the most overpowered thing in the game, capable of destroying a 1×1 structure no matter how tall it is, or a Brute while it’s at full health and shield! This is going to have a huge impact on competitive Fortnite, and that set of players hasn’t had the best season so far.
On the brighter side, we have this set of challenges that finallyfeel like challenges rather than chores. Tip: A great way to get them done quickly is to join and LFG group, get a coordinated squad, and turn Party Assist on.
It really was getting tedious to do the same tasks for nine seasons, and it seems like Epic is finally getting the progression methods right. I don’t remember doing any such time-based challenges in the past, and it’s going to be super fun to do them. Team Rumble, especially, is going to be chaos for some time now.
The challenges come out on Thursday at 1pm UTC. This Season X, Week 4 Challengeguide should help you get through them easily. Good luck and stay tuned for Challenge Guides every week!