Best Samurai Build Elden Ring
A Samurai must have justice, bravery, benevolence, honesty, politeness, honor, and loyalty, even in Elden Ring. These are the tenets that make a samurai through the Bushidō code. They must be as deadly on the battlefield yet appreciative of the finer things in life, like art and culture. The world of Elden is teeming with enemies to face, and it is no surprise that a game made by FromSoftware will put you to the test. Aside from your fighting skills, it could only take you so far into the game. Your preparation time and upgrading the good stats will ascend you to greatness. This is a guide to the best Samurai build in Elden Ring.
Samurais in Elden Ring Should Visit Caelid
Starting with stats, gear, and level grind, in this guide, we recommend that you head over to Caelid; this area is one of the high-level enemies that await you, but once you are done here, it’ll give you a great start to topple your foes.
To get there, you need to head to the teleporter found at the Dragon burned ruins, where you will be taken to the center of Caelid. Move sound and explore the places of mercy until you find yourself at Fort Faroth. You can run past all the enemies here as the goal is to reach the fortress until you see a ladder that will take you up the castle wall. Look for a crate by the battlements and search for the Dectus Medallion. Once you do, jump down the wall from the right and keep moving until you are at the fort’s roof. Jump down the hole on the roof; run to the end of the wall again to collect “Radagon’s Soreseal.’ Them provides +5 points to the following skills; strength, dexterity, and stamina.
With these items in hand, you can defeat the Elderdragon Greyoll. This is an optional boss; defeating him will provide a lot of runes that will level up between 20-25 levels. Use a “Gold-pickled Fowl Foot” to increase your chances of getting runes at +30%. The location of this item is at the starting area called Limegrave.
Best Skills for the Samurai Class in Elden Ring
Before anything, remember that you need to invest in the correct skills to spend your skill points for your attributes efficiently. Here is what it would look like by the time you reach level 35:
- Vigor: level 20-25
- Endurance: level 20-25
- Strength: level 13-18
- Dexterity: level 13-18
- Arcane: level 11
As you continue to venture and increase your attributes, you will reach these stats:
- Vigor: level 40
- Endurance: level 30
- Strength: level 13
- Dexterity: level 55
- Arcane: level 30
The reason for high arcane energy would be that a samurai class would start with only a few points for Arcane Energy. This will help you build a lot of bleed damage and work hand-in-hand with your later weapons.
Best Samurai Weapon Elden Ring
After showing you what you need to focus on for attributes, weapons are up next. As a samurai, your starting weapon would be the Uchigatana; katanas are great for dexterity. However, this will be challenging since you need to upgrade your Vigor to avoid death. For this build, we will look at alternatives that will be a better choice.
- Nagakiba: A katana that requires level 18 strength but has the best range compared to the other katanas. Its weapon skill, Piercing Fang is a heavy attack that utilizes the range of the blade by thrusting, which is perfect for striking at a specific distance.
- Meteoric Ore Blade: Found in Caelid Waypoint Ruins. This katana requires level 18 Intelligence to wield, and its weapons skill, Gravitas, pulses a burst of magic that pulls in enemies while dealing damage.
- Moonveil: After defeating Magma Wyrm, Moonveil is one of the drops you will receive. This weapon requires a huge 23 Intelligence as its Transient Moonlight skill fires a wave of light.
- Rivers of Blood: Rivers of Blood is one of the strongest katanas, for it splits damage from slashing and fire, which triggers bleed damage to kill enemies. Corpse Piler is a powerful skill that can kill most enemies by inflicting serious damage. To get this weapon, you must reach the Church of Repose in Mountaintops of the Giants, where you need to kill an NPC who wields the Rivers of Blood. With the requirement of 20 Arcane to be able to equip this weapon, you wouldn’t need to worry about it too much as it is at a later stage in the game.
Best Samurai Armor
Another set of items you need to invest your time locating as each armor has a variety of stats, although the starting armor is already an amazing set. The Ronin armor is also great in terms of design. There other armors to look out for are below:
- Land of Reeds Armor Set: The starting armor for Samurai in Elden ring. Provides fire, slash, and lightning resistance
- Ronin Armor Set: A little bit heavier than the starting armor. The armor set is a late game item when completing Yura’s questline or killing Shabiri, who is at the Zamor Ruins in the Mountaintops of the Giants. Providing poise and damage resistance.
- White Reed Set: Provides better stats than the Land of Reeds. It can be found in the Spiritcaller Cave on the Mountaintops of the Giants.
Best Samurai Talismans
- Carian Filigreed Crest
- Shard of Alexander
- Millicent’s Prosthesis
- Rotten Winged Sword Insignia
- Lord of Blood’s Exultation
Mix and match all these items to the kind of samurai you want to be. That is the beauty of Elden Ring, to play your way. There is still much to explore in Elden Ring; take the time and put in the grind because there will be foes that would need you to change up your build. Do not be afraid to experiment with the different weapons and armor sets available since each enemy fights differently.