Spectral Shield Throw Gladiator
It’s not common for Gladiators to wield a shield. Plus, it’s not usual for shield skills to be a core offensive skill. Nevertheless, despite being a not-so-common setup, the Spectral Shield Throw Gladiator works, thanks to the updates the game received in Patch 3.2. Yes, it works perfectly and awesomely.
Passive Skill Tree and Core Skills
For the passive skill tree, click here.
- Core skill (Spectral Shield Throw): have it with the following support gems: Brutality to increase significantly physical damage, Fork to split projectiles, Physical Projectile Attack Damage, and Empower and Faster Attacks.
- Aura/curse setup: have Vulnerability with Blasphemy. For an additional curse on hit setup, have Orb of Storms and Vulnerability with Curse on Hit support gem.
- Cast when damage taken setup: have Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, and Immortal Call.
- Utility: have Stone Golem with Culling Strike and Ancestral Protector. Lastly, for mobility, have Shield Charge with Fortify and Faster Attacks support.
- Helmet: Abyssus (Unique) for increased physical damage, armor, critical strike multiplier, and attribute bonus.
- Body: Belly of the Beast (Unique) for increased armor, life, elemental resistances, flask life recovery rate, and extra gore. Rare armor with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and attributes is also an alternative.
- Weapon: Aurumvorax (Unique) for increased global critical strike chance, physical damage, rarity of items found, elemental resistances, and gain life for each attack. Brightbeak (Unique) and Prismatic Eclipse (Unique) are also good alternatives.
- Shield: Lioneye’s Remorse (Unique) for increased armor, life, movement speed, stun and block recovery, chance to block, and reduced damage from projectiles. Magna’s Eclipse (Unique) for increased maximum life, armor, evasion, +2 to level of socketed gems, and chance to trigger level 20 Elemental Aegis is a good alternative. Rare shield with bonuses to armor/evasion, life, attributes, and elemental resistances is suitable too.
- Boots: Kaom’s Roots (Unique) for extra Life and immunity to Frozen, Chilled, Stunned, and Temporal Chains.
- Gloves: Meginord’s Vise (Unique) for increased physical damage, strength, armor, and life regenerated per second if you have 400 strength. Plus, rare gloves with bonuses to life, elemental resistances and attack speed are a good alternative.
- Belt: any Rare Belt with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, and physical damage. Belt of the Deceiver for increased strength, physical damage, critical strikes, life, elemental resistances, and intimidation of nearby enemies. Doryani’s Invitation is also a wise alternative.
- Accessories: Impresence (Unique) for all attributes, physical damage, armor, and life. Stun and block recovery, 100% reduced vulnerability mana reservation, and gaining of maddening presence for 10 seconds upon killing rare or unique enemy. Rare amulet with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, physical damage, armor, and attributes is also a decent alternative. It has two Rare rings with bonuses to life, elemental resistances, physical damage, and attack speed.
- Jewels: any Rare jewels with bonuses to life and damage.
- Flask: Forbidden Taste (Unique) for instant life recovery and 10% chance to dodge attacks and spells. Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching and Heat for life recovery and respectively for immunity to and removal of bleeding and being chilled and frozen. Experimenter’s Sulphur Flask of Iron Skin for increased damage, regen, and additional armor. Rumi’s Concoction (Unique) for +3000 to armor for a chance to block physical attacks and spells.
Who said shields are meant to defend? With the Spectral Shield Throw Gladiator, you’ll be an offensive powerhouse.