Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator
Path of Exile Gladiators are known for being balanced between offense and defense. The Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator for Expedition is proof of that. The best of both worlds, this build shows that players don’t have to compromise either.
Pros and Cons
- Solid clear speed
- Can run all content
- High defense and chance to block, has Molten Shell
- Fun gameplay, reminiscent of Captain America
Lacks high single-target damage
The build also has an active playstyle, which may be a pro for some and a con for others.
Passive Skill Tree: https://pastebin.com/A3RnfEyP
Core Skill: Spectral Shield Throw with Vicious Projectiles, Brutality, Cruelty, Unbound Ailments, and either Lifetap or Swift Affliction support gems
Aura: Pride or Malevolence, War Banner, and Herald of Purity or Aspect of the Spider
- Blood Rage, Dash, and Enduring Cry
- Tempest Shield; Vulnerability with Blasphemy support; Precision.
- Ancestral Protector with Multiple Totems, Maim, and Culling Strike support gems.
Corrupting Fever with Brutality, Efficacy, and either Swift Afflication or Empower support gems.
Mobility: Shield Charge with Lifetap, Faster Attacks, and Fortify support gems.
CWDT Setup: Molten Shell with Anomalous Cast When Damage Taken support gems.
Weapon: Prismatic Eclipse (Unique) for a chance to block attacks and gain Onslaught; increased physical damage, global physical damage with weapons per red socket, attack speed per green socket, and physical damage leeched as mana per blue socket; +2 melee range per white socket.
Off-hand: Advancing Fortress (Unique) for life gained each hit, socketed gems are supported by level 12 Fortify, chance to block attacks; increased physical damage, evasion, energy shield, life, and physical damage reflection.
Helm: Rare Helm with increased life, elemental resistances, and physical damage.
Body: Lioneye’s Vision (Unique) for increased dexterity, armor, life, physical damage leeched as mana, and piercing damage.
Gloves: Rare Gloves with increased damage over time, armor and energy shield, life, and elemental resistances.
Belt: Stygian Vise with increased life, mana, and elemental resistances.
Boots: Rare Boots with increased movement speed, armor, elemental resistances, life regen, and armor.
- Impresence (Rare Amulet) for increased physical damage, all attributes, armor, life, stun and block recovery, Maddening Presence after killing Rare or Unique enemy, 100% reduced mana reservation for Vulnerability.
- Rare Rings with increased life and elemental resistances.
- Any Rare jewels with bonuses to life, damage over time, bleeding damage, physical damage, and attack speed.
- Large Cluster Jewel with +12% physical damage and any of the following notables: Force Multiplier, Battle-Hardened, Iron Breaker, and Master the Fundamentals
- Large Cluster Jewel with +12% attack damage with Gladiator’s Fortitude.
- Medium Cluster Jewel with +5% to physical damage over time and notables such as Exposure Therapy, Rend, and Vivid Hues.
- Small Cluster Jewel with +1% Chance to Block Attacks or +4% Increased maximum life with either Fettle or Gladiator’s Fortitude.
- Bubbling/Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching for fast healing and bleeding recovery/immunity.
- Alchemist’s Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for increased movement speed.
- Experimenter’s Granite Flask of Iron Skin for increased armor
- Perpetual Silver Flask of Warding for Onslaught and curse recovery/immunity.
- Ample Quartz Flask of Heat for increased dodge chance and chill/freeze recovery/immunity.
- If gladiators can change the course of history in real life, they can do so as well in Wraeclast. So try this build out – time to change the course of Expedition for the better.