PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Updates & Patch Notes
There is some exciting news coming to PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG) that will both expand the games content and its future fanbase. For those of you who watched E3 this year, you probably already heard the news about PUBG coming to consoles. Bluehole officially announced that they would be releasing the game for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and Xbox consoles, with some talk about cross-platform play. Rumor has it that Bluehole plans to release an early access version of the game via the Xbox preview program, but no word is out about PS4 receiving anything of the sort. Unfortunately, PlayStation players won’t have access to the game until its full console release in 2018.
Brendan “PlayerUnknown” Greene also revealed at E3 that two new maps are currently in development for the future. These maps include a desert region as well as a region based on the Adriatic Sea where they will feature the snowfall weather condition. Neither map has received a release date, but the desert region will be available first. Both maps will strive to bring a whole new dynamic to the game regarding the environment and layout.
Players may have noticed that two more weapons, the Groza AR and P18C pistol, have been added into the game. The Groza AR is a new 7.62mm weapon that will only be available in care packages and, the new P18C 9mm pistol will feature a full auto mode. On top of the new weapons, two new weather conditions, sunset and clear skies, have also been added. More details about these weapons and other features/additions in the June patch notes below.
Early Access: Patch Notes (Month 3)
- Improved network performance by reducing the amount of data being sent from the server to the client.
- Reduced network lag by preventing a large amount of data being sent from the server to the client simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue of frame drop when other characters were around by optimizing nearby characters.
- Resolved an issue of frame drop when vehicles were around by optimizing vehicles.
- Optimized the starting airplane and Care Package airplanes.
- Enhanced rendering performance of weapons from far-off.
- Made improvements to the weapon animations.
- Optimized many in-game effects, including the red zone bombing effect.
- Enhanced many UI features.
- Improved features regarding rainy weather.
- Added Groza (an AR chambered for 7.62mm ammo) that and can only be acquired in Care Packages.
- Included P18C (a pistol chambered for 9mm ammo) with a full auto fire-mode.
- Vector and UMP now support burst mode.
- You can now pick up items while moving. The interaction animation will not force you to stop anymore, but it will make you walk slowly.
- Interact with doors, items, or vehicles while reloading. Reloads will be canceled with such interactions.
- The screen will be gradually desaturated based on remaining health during the REVIVE state.
- Blood effect does not appear during the REVIVE state anymore.
- Adjusted kill count system in Duo and Squad modes. A person knocking an opponent out will receive a kill count regardless of the actual killer.
- Fixed F key (interaction) to prioritize the REVIVE action in certain cases
- You can now pull out pistols faster.
- Fire mode can no longer be switched during reload.
- Modified the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle so that the play area doesn’t appear in the center so frequently.
- Changed default quantity to be selected at 1 when pressing CTRL key at inventory to partially drop or pick up items.
- Corrected motorcycle with sidecar to move more smoothly.
- You can no longer switch to and from prone while picking up items.
- Red Dot Sight is now attachable to pistols, except for the revolver.
- Expanded the recoil on UMP.
- Added two new weather settings: (1) Sunset and (2) Clear Skies.
- Included destructible cabins.
- Extra new animation for when a character is at the speed of taking fall damage.
Items & Vehicles
- Adjusted vehicles to face random directions at spawn.
- Fixed loot balance for certain items.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR and SR Silencers, and 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- Spawn rate of UMP slightly decreased and UZI slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
- Increased spawn rate of items in regions and buildings with relatively low spawn rate.
- Changed the names of certain weapon attachments.
- Adjusted the spawn time of vehicles and speedboats so that they can be seen from a distance.
- Enhanced the starting airplanes.
- Cargo door opens when participants get ejected from the airplane.
- Optimized lighting inside and outside of the airplane.
- Adjusted the direction of teammate icons to the direction the teammate faces.
- Added teammate list on World Map.
- Improved character’s recoil animation.
- Removed death marks of teammates after a period of time or distance away from the place of death.
- Added three new languages: (1) Thai, (2) Indonesian, and (3) Vietnamese.
- Fixed an issue when the voice chat volume blasted momentarily after getting on an airplane.
- Repaired an issue where the character was not at the center of the screen while on a parachute.
- If you reload into the game while in a parachute, you will still be in the parachute.
- Prevented users from removing outer walls of buildings by deleting certain files.
- Partially fixed a bug that caused a character to be stuck in terrain.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to be misplaced after getting into a vehicle.
- Repaired a bug that caused effects to look identical underwater and outside of water.
- Handled a bug that caused a character to make an interaction motion trying to pick up an item when there is no inventory space.
- Secure a client crash that occurred when fences were destroyed.
- Fixed an issue of invisible fences even after destruction.