ArcheAge Tools: The Premium Way to Assist
Developing an app is no easy task. From conceptualization right down to troubleshooting, everything becomes a much more complicated task if you’re doing it alone. But that’s exactly how Kelton Holanda, otherwise known online as Zeltin, did things for his app.
Here, we get to know more about the creative mind that sparked the creation of the handy ArcheAge Tools application.
(1) Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hometown, age, occupation, favorite games that you play and what platform(s) you play)?
My name is Kelton Holanda, and my online moniker is Zeltin. I am 19 years old and I live in Brazil where I’m currently studying. As a player, I’ve been very focused on MMOs, but lately, I have been opting for faster games.
(2) Do you work independently or in a team? If in a team, how big is it?
I work completely independently.
(3) What inspired you to create an app specifically for this game? When did it cross your mind to create your app?
At the time I played ArcheAge, I noticed that the very few applications that existed to assist players were rather outdated. I was studying Android development, so I took advantage to carry forward and take this on as a first project.
(4) What programming language or tool did you use to create this app? Do you have any favorite PLs or tools in particular?
In this application, I used Java as the main programming language as well as Android Studio. The programs used throughout the process are various, from graphic design programs to Android Studio plugins.
(5) When it comes to designing the user experience/UX of the app, what motivated you or what influences did you have?
I greatly value the marriage of UI and UX. My main inspiration in UX planning is to simply put myself in the user’s shoes and act as if it were the first time I was using the application. In this way, I developed the entire UI/UX.
(6) From the developer’s and gamer’s perspective, how do you think the app affects the overall experience of the game?
The application helps in player planning, which is something that players don’t want to spend a lot of time making complex calculations of how much it will pay for the rates of its properties at the end of the week on ArcheAge. This is just one example of one of the tools that ArcheAge Assistant proposes.
(7) Is there any margin of error when it comes to the app’s performance and provided information?
At the moment some things are out of date. This is even more apparent as there are several ArcheAge servers in several versions running around the world. And incredible as it may seem, the biggest audience of the app is Russian. So it becomes difficult to adapt it to all servers.
(8) What were your biggest challenges for this project? How did you overcome them?
The biggest challenge was to adapt to the Russian language. This is something that I certainly know was not done in the best possible way. So is independent development.
(9) Are you expecting the game’s expansions to change your app’s dynamics and performance? Is it something that you’ve already prepared to tackle?
In fact, they are already affecting things. The game has many versions running. This makes adaptation quite difficult, but I have plans in mind.
(10) Are there any exciting new developments for your app that you would care to share?
I intend to implement the farm timer since it has been requested several times in my email and I have never had the time to implement it.
(11) Could you share a few quick tips to new players of the game?
The game is very complex, the tip is to play the missions campaign while exploring the game. After all, it is sandbox and it was made for it.
(12) Any advice you’d like to share to aspiring game app or web developers?
Developing something alone is always a challenge, you need to take care of every detail and often the return is not proportional to the time invested. But the experience of community contact and development learning is worth it.
A Pro-Assistant for ArcheAge
So there you have it! With a nifty tool such as this, you won’t have an excuse to make things as simplified as possible on ArcheAge. Make sure to download the ArcheAge Tools app so you can stay on top of trade prices, calculate the profitability of trade routes, be privy to all events that may be of interest to you, and many more!