A Blade and Soul Inventory Bag to Remain Organized
An organized approach is an effective one. This applies to all aspects of gaming whether you’re executing complex strategies or simply de-cluttering your Blade & Soul inventory. Indeed, disorganized inventories are not a welcome sight as they can throw you off your groove.
It’s precisely the reason why the Blade and Soul Inventory Bag app came to fruition. Inspiration can come in many forms. In David’s case, the creative spark came on when he determined that it is an absolute necessity—especially for players who handle multiple characters. We recently got the chance to get chatty with him as we discussed his creative process, his programming nuances, and the app development as a whole.
(1) Could you tell us about yourself (your name/nickname, hometown, age, occupation, favorite games that you play and what platform(s) you play on)?
Hi, I’m David, 32 years old; Right now, I am a freelance developer. I play games on PC, and my favorite title is Blade & Soul.
(2) Do you work independently or in a team? If in a team, how big is it?
I work alone for this app. I am also a new app developer; I just started learning programming recently and I think it’s a passion of mine.
(3) What inspired you to create an app for this game? How does it feel to create something original for this game?
Blade & Soul is my favorite game and personally, I think this app is a necessity 🙂 I like to play with multiple characters, and I needed to have a way to know where and how many gold and items I have, and which character has it. I feel happy about it because it was my idea and nobody had created one like it yet.
(4) What programming language or tool did you use to create this app? Do you have any favorite PLs or tools?
I used Android Studio and Java. My favorite tools are Notepad++.
(5) When it comes to designing the user experience/UX/interface of the app, what motivated you or what influences did you have?
I wanted to give the feeling that it was an extension of the game, to make it similar to Blade & Soul.
(6) From the developer’s and gamer’s perspective, how do you think the app affects the overall experience of the game?
B&S Inventory Bag allows the user a fast way to know where his/her items and gold are without the need to log in and log out of your characters. 🙂
(7) Are there any errors when it comes to the app’s performance and provided information?
It seems weird to say this, but right now, I can’t find any. 🙂
(8) What were your biggest challenges for this project? How did you overcome them?
It’s a simple app, but I had problems with the management aspect of the inventory; I tried and tried again by “asking” Google 🙂 For this one though, I found the solution all by myself.
(9) Are you expecting the game’s updates to change your app’s dynamics and performance? Is it something that you’ve already prepared for?
Yes, it actually does on every single event or expansion. If the game changes, I need to add all the new item updates to the app.
(10) Are there any exciting new developments for your app? Do you plan to create more apps like these for other games in the future?
In the future, I would like to add to the market, the equipment, and yes, I would gladly make one.
(11) Could you share a few quick tips to new players of the game?
Everybody who plays is unique in their own kind; do not give up so easily. If you like PVP like me, I highly recommend the World Championship to hone your skills.
(12) Any advice you’d like to share to aspiring game app or web developers?
My advice is for you to decide on what you want to do, then start building it. Never say “If only I knew how to do it…” Just search the internet, and also watch and read tutorials until you become comfortable in doing your app or program.
The app is a practical tool that allows you to manage your Blade and Soul Inventory.
For more on cool developers and their awesome creations, exciting game updates and news, as well as coverage on the elite gaming gear, check out other things on our blog. Game on!