A Helpful Bless Online Support App
Since its much-anticipated release last May, Bless Online has been steadily winning the hearts of countless hardcore MMO players. Subreddits and forums are a buzz with game discussions and news updates for it.
It’s surprising that as early as July, many applications have already been developed for it. One of these is LoJack’s Bless Online Support, a new and nifty app that allows you to set alarms for game activities, get useful links and videos, and be informed of the latest Bless Online news.
We talked with LoJack from South Korea and picked his brain about the challenges of developing an app from scratch as well as bits about his favorite games and programming tools.
(1) Could you tell us about yourself (your name/nickname, hometown, age, occupation, favorite games that you play and what platform(s) you play on)?
My nickname is LoJack, and I’m not really a developer. I’m 26 years old and live in South Korea. I play on PC and Switch. I like MMORPG games like World of Warcraft and Bless. Zelda is currently my favorite Switch game.
(2) Do you work independently or in a team? If in a team, how big is it?
I’m a solo developer.
(3) What inspired you to create an app for this game? How does it feel to create something original for this game?
The relevant app was not found in the Google Store. That’s why I developed this app. Bless is one of the favorite games that I enjoy, so I developed the app with pleasure. I didn’t think this app would be popular, but thanks for using it a lot.
(4) What programming language or tool did you use to create this app? Do you have any favorite PLs or tools?
The app is designed with Android Studio. At this moment the app is only on Android.
(5) When it comes to designing the user experience/UX/interface of the app, what motivated you or what influences did you have?
I think simple is best, so this app is simple in terms of design (I did not major in design. 😀)
(6) From the developer’s and gamer’s perspective, how do you think the app affects the overall experience of the game?
I don’t know. I would like to provide more useful things. But there are some technical difficulties.
(7) Are there any errors when it comes to the app’s performance and provided information?
It is expected that there is no error. However, it is likely that some errors exist that I don’t know of.
(8) What were your biggest challenges for this project? How did you overcome them?
I majored in programming, but I am not currently working as a developer. Therefore, l had some difficulty in recalling my past memories and the things I’ve studied. Eventually, I completed the app by studying in my spare time. I felt like a student again. I’m still working on maintenance and updating information on the app.
(9) Are you expecting the game’s updates to change your app’s dynamics and performance? Is it something that you’ve already prepared for?
The game is in the early access phase and is constantly being updated. Relevant content is also being added and l try to work on supporting it all.
(10) Are there any exciting new developments for your app? Do you plan to create more apps like these for other games in the future?
I have constantly considered making its functions as a guide to help new users. And l developed this app not for making money, but for supporting games.
(11) Could you share a few quick tips to new players of the game?
I think this is an easy game that doesn’t need any tip. Just enjoy.
(12) Any advice you’d like to share to aspiring game app or web developers?
Don’t force yourself to develop anything, otherwise, development becomes dull. If you do whatever you want, you’ll be happy to develop it.
New to the game? Don’t forget to check out the extremely helpful Bless Online Support app on Google Play.