A Fortnite Guide on Your Phone with Plenty of Info
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you had an app to help guide you through your Fortnite sessions? Well, get your trigger fingers ready because now you do! With the handy Fortnite Guide, you’ve got the best leverage to crush any and all opposition to come your way.
Developed by a promising PC gamer named Seungwoo Lee, this nifty application helps Fortnite players by providing key information to help them perform better. Here’s a closer look at the app, the man behind the app, and the inspiration that sparked its creation in the first place.
(1) Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hometown, age, occupation, favorite games that you play and what platform(s) you play)?
Hello, my name is Seungwoo Lee. I’m 28 years old, and a programmer from Anyang City, South Korea. I’m primarily a PC gamer. I mainly play League of Legends and StarCraft: Brood War. Of course, I also like Fortnite battle royale, PUBG, but I can’t play as much shooter/FPS games because I experience nausea.
(2) Share with us how it feels to be the creator of something big for this game?
For the first time, we were surprised by the huge number of downloads.
We were very glad and happy when our app became the popular app. We are now recording 250,000+ downloads, and there is a sense of burden to keep it.
(3) What inspired you to create an app specifically for this game? When did it cross your mind to create your app?
Initially, I created the StarCraft Guide app. However, there were not many users who enjoyed StarCraft at that time. So, we thought of a game that people would play a lot, and that was Fortnite&PUBG.
In fact, I was worried because I was not good at Fortnite, and I made this Fortnite app by studying hard about the game.
(4) Do you work independently or in a team? If in a team, how big is it?
I work with a team, and it’s a very small team that I really love.
(5) From the developer’s and gamer’s perspective, how do you think the app affects the overall experience of the game?
First, many users were uncomfortable with web searches at the time when there weren’t a lot of mobile stat apps. Searches are better done on an app, not on the web.
Second, the quick update feature on the app that informs about new weapons or maps has made it possible for users to quickly adapt to new updates made for Fortnite.
(6) Is there any margin of error when it comes to the app’s performance and provided information?
In the early days of the app, there was occasional misinformation. However, due to the feedback from many users and our efforts, there will be fewer errors at this time.
(7) When it comes to designing the user experience/UX of the app, what motivated you or what influences did you have?
Before creating Guide for Fortnite, there was a Fortnite guide app that people already use.
I thought about how to create it by referring to that app, but the UI/UX of that app was not very good. I have tried to make a UI/UX that I believe is much easier to use than that app.
(8) What programming language or tool did you use to create this app? Do you have any favorite PLs or tools in particular?
The app is written in Java. The IDE used is Android Studio. However, my favorite language is C# and my preferred IDE is Visual Studio. I personally think C# is much easier to use than Java.
(9) What were your biggest challenges for this project? How did you overcome them?
The biggest challenge was to promote people to use our apps a lot. We shared useful information on the Fortnite portal site and made it display our app.
We’ve also added unique content to create differentiating elements from other Fortnite guide apps.
(10) Are you expecting the game’s expansions to change your app’s dynamics and performance? Is it something that you’ve already prepared to tackle?
We are always ready to accept new updates to the game; if the game changes, then our app should change accordingly. That’s why we keep a close eye on changes.
(11) Are there any exciting new developments for your app that you would care to share?
We released Guide for Fortnite new version just last week. We have reflected the new weapon and season5 new map update. So please use the updated version.
(12) Do you plan to create more apps like these for other games in the future?
Of course, our Realm Royale app has already been released. Please use it if you are interested.
(13) Could you share a few quick tips to new players of the game?
The quick tips that we recommend to new players are already in our app to help you play Fortnite battle royale.
(14) Any advice you’d like to share to aspiring game app or web developers?
If you want to make something, do not hesitate to start it. It is important to know what you make, but also the timing of making it is very important.
True to its developer’s name, Fortnite is as epic a Battle Royale game can get. With the Fortnite Guide, you have all the essential info to break the game down to its bare essentials. All that’s left is for you to grind it out through the game’s nitty-gritty aspects. Make sure to download it to get one step closer to that coveted Victory Royale.